Streamline Search Recruitment are currently seeking a Transport Manager for a medium sized general haulage company, and also providing palletised distribution and warehousing services, ideally the right candidate will have proven experience of planning a general haulage fleet and pallet network operations in a fast-paced customer-focused environment, to lead their Transport.
The Transport Manager will effectively and continuously manage the companies transport activities including general haulage and pallet network operations and will have previous experience working in both sectors.
The successful candidate will have been a strategic type manager who has commercial awareness in Road Haulage and will have Profit and Loss responsibilities for the fleet.
Transport Manager’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Ensure that the drivers understand and work within the legal regulations in their work
* Ensure that the vehicles are maintained properly, including the inspection of vehicles at the appropriate time and the action taken to remedy defects found
* The reporting and recording of vehicle defects by drivers
* Be hands on in supporting the day to day planning operation as well as providing cover for holidays and absence
* Understanding of pallet network and groupage operations
* The making of arrangements to ensure that the vehicle/s are not overloaded
* Ensuring that authorised vehicles will be kept at the authorised operating centre when not in use.
* Working with the companies BDM to identify opportunities of growth with both existing and new Customers
* Responsibilities for P&L Reporting
* Seeking continuous improvement in all areas of the division, its processes, and the wider business
* Coaching and appraisals of existing staff
* Identifying training needs of all divisional staff and working with the training department and HR to achieve the goal
* All related aspects of Health & Safety
* Provide KPI and SLA reporting
* attend management meetings as and when required.
Transport Manager - Position Requirements
* Proven experience in an established senior transport operations role
* Knowledge of TMS programmes
* Knowledge of other transport associated programmes
* Transport law
* Must have Transport Management CPC licence
* Full driving license
* Excellent geographical knowledge of UK roads
Transport Manager - Position Remuneration
* Salary £35,000 - £40,000 (Dependant on experience)
* Monday - Friday 09:00 – 18:00
* 30 days' holiday including bank
* Other company benefits to be discussed at interview stage
STREAMLINE SEARCH ARE ACTING AS A RECRUITMENT AGENCY IN RELATION TO THIS VACANCY
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.