Norse Group are one of the UK’s fastest growing facilities management companies based on local government partnerships across the UK.
Our experienced Highways team help to maintain, improve and manage the use of public roads across Norfolk. Offering a comprehensive range of services including pothole repairs, routine maintenance, carriageway surfacing and repair, private works, emergency response and gritting during the winter months.
Due to expansion within the division, we are looking to strengthen our services within the partnership and add an experienced Transport Manager to our team. In this role, you will be responsible for the business by holding overall management and responsibility for the Operator Licence, maintaining control of all fleet operations by;
Ensuring all Norse Vehicles, Plant & Equipment, including Non-O licence are operated in conjunction with relevant legislation, Compliance and regulations
Assist with specification, tendering and procurement of vehicles, plant and equipment
Keeping records of vehicle maintenance, defects and drivers’ hours as per statutory requirements
Monitoring the condition of all vehicles within the fleet, making sure they are roadworthy at all times
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for someone who can bring a combination of professional training, regulatory knowledge and commercial experience to the position, demonstrated by;
* Certificate in Professional Competence (CPC) in Road Haulage (National)
* Extensive knowledge of Operator Licencing requirements and legislations
* Proven management experience in a diverse transport and/or fleet operations role
* Excellent communication skills, with the ability to give clear instruction concisely and accurately
* Significant management and leadership abilities, highlighted by previous experience of discipline and team management
* Full UK Driving Licence with Category B entitlement
* Any wider knowledge or experience, including an Automotive Engineering qualification, Membership of a Professional Body or experience of vehicle maintenance workshops would be an advantage
* Competitive salary is £34,680 - £35,496 per annum DOE
* 25 Days annual leave + Bank Holidays
* Sickness pay & Company pension scheme
* Excellent career opportunity
Please read the attached job description and person specification to ensure you meet the criteria for the role before applying.
We are committed to employment practices and behaviours which encourage diversity, promote equality of treatment and eliminate unlawful and or unfair discrimination.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications. If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has not been successful and will not be progressed to the next stage
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.