Main Purpose of Job:
As a Transport Manager, you will be responsible for personnel,
monitoring their progress and being their first point of contact
should a problem arise making communication skills vital.
The Transport Manager is responsible for organising and overseeing all
health and safety checks and routine vehicle checks and adhering to
both company and statutory requirements.
The Transport Manager must also be involved in strategic development
and the maintaining of any administrative records, regularly
communicating with the Traffic Dispatchers to ensure a smooth
• Provide leadership, give work instructions and monitor the
performance of traffic dispatcher's drivers and operatives, i.e.
Review of Depot KPI's- Service, Safety and Profitability.
• Manage, motivate, train and develop team as required.
• Deal effectively with underperformance, implementing disciplinary
procedures as appropriate
• Absence management, e.g. conduct return to work interviews.
• Vehicle management, including liaison with fleet, safe vehicle
operations, wheel security, monitor vehicle gross weights.
• Ensure compliance with transport / environmental legislation
including any third party insurance claims.
• Contribute toward ongoing cost control, actively seeking to improve
efficiency, reduce operating costs, increasing margin and meeting
budget targets set.
• Ensure that all aspects of Health & Safety are adhered to, including
H&S induction and training, operating procedures, near miss reporting
and emergency procedures.
• Complete all administrative tasks associated with role, including
work sheets, tachograph records, payroll records and holiday rotas.
Experience / Qualifications
• Service or logistics industry experience
• People and health & safety management experience
• Demonstrable experience of successful resource management / cost
• Proven track record of working to clearly defined service delivery
• Transport legislation, e.g. Drivers' Hours
In return we offer a competitive package and excellent career
Biffa is the UK’s leading integrated waste management company
providing collection, recycling, treatment, disposal and
technologically driven energy generation services across four
We control the largest volume of waste in the UK which places us at
the centre of a dynamic and growing sector, providing indispensable
services to all UK businesses
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.