John Mower & Co Ltd are looking to recruit an experienced Transport Manager to join our friendly team. Are you motivated with a substantial knowledge and experience of transport service delivery?
As the Transport Manager You will be responsible for the day to day operations of the transport department, including delivery and collection operations, allocating vehicles efficiently, organise maintenance and repair of the company vehicles, manage driver training and policies of the organisation, schedule driver’s hours, ensuring company compliance with regulatory transport policy and legislation including tachograph procedures, You will have a CPC in road haulage & will demonstrate a knowledge of health and safety and environmental awareness.
The role will be working closely with the logistics co-ordinator and operations manager to achieve a seamless operating plan. Ensure all paperwork and administration is correctly adhered too as well providing effective organisation. A Good understanding of Microsoft package is essential.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
* Ensuring drivers comply with driver hours, tachograph rules and speed limits
* Download Tachograph information and analyse data
* Collate Petrol Receipt’s create reports and analyse
* Ensure company compliance with regulatory transport policy and legislation.
* Booking In of vehicles to customers
* Congestion charge
* Arrange vehicles M.O. T
* Check all Vehicle defect reporting
* Ensure all drivers’ processes are followed correctly.
* Provide a daily visual check of the vehicles
* Monitor Parking Tickets
* Clarify all customer credits
* Excellent organisational Skills
* Meticulous attention to detail
* Needs to be effective whilst working independently
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.