REGIONAL LOGISTICS FLEET COMPLIANCE & SAFETY MANAGER - NORTH & SCOTLAND
"Excellent business partner role for graduate calibre, CPC & O licence holder with track record in excellent fleet safety, compliance, fleet performance improvement and utilisation, driver coaching and training."
C£(phone number removed) + Car, Benefits & Bonus
Northern Regional Remit - Flexible location, Multi Site Operations
Our client is the UK division of a pan European multinational. The UK division operates a large inhouse bulk primary and secondary tanker and multi drop fleet comprising artics, bulk and mini bulk tankers, rigids /flatbeds from several depot locations nationally. Fleet and asset maintenance are contracted out.
This is a newly created role. As Northern & Scottish Regional Logistics Fleet Compliance and Safety Manager you will business partner with up to 20 Depot Managers who have day to day operational and P & L responsibility for a fleet of c200 and drivers.
* As Logistics Fleet Compliance and Safety Manager you will facilitate all aspects of legal compliance, fleet and asset utilisation/optimisation, performance improvement and driver training for both driver and operational teams.
* This will include cost and performance management and review of a network of third-party fleet maintenance and servicing workshops.
* You will also play a key innovative role in projects to evaluate and enhance fleet optimisation, composition and design, liaising with OEMs and other contractors to improve fleet performance and efficiency.
* You will manage the process of building and delivering training requirements for compliance to CPC, 'O' licence and statutory requirements of managing fleet operations.
* You will have a demonstrable track record of making a positive difference to fleet compliance and the health and safety culture within the region and as part of the wider organisation. You will therefore possess excellent influencing and stakeholder engagement skills and the ability to positively challenge for continuous improvement of standards.
* You will promote a high quality and consistent approach to compliance and health and safety amongst employees, third party workshops, and asset suppliers through coaching, briefings, training, raising awareness, challenging, identifying themes and establishing strategies and leading by example.
* You will be responsible for providing specialist and expert advice on both compliance safety and health issues, helping the business to manage the H&S management system, maintaining ISO18001/45001 certification and supporting line management with high potential and serious incident investigations.
* You will be a source of expertise and advisor for the Depot Managers, identifying and sharing good practice across sites throughout your region and with colleagues centrally and nationally.
* You will also support sites to ensure that risks are identified, and robust management controls implemented in line with company policy, standards and procedures.
* A key part of this role will be to assist line managers to proactively review safety for the purpose of identifying significant trends and appropriate remedial actions. Accordingly, you will prepare management information for monthly and quarterly reviews.
* You will support line management during internal and external audits.
* Furthermore, you will ensure that all operational sites are audited annually, debriefed and all operational procedures documented in line with statutory and industry standards.
* Specifically, you will deliver an agreed improvement plan across the fleet and review process, regionally and in line with national strategy.
The Ideal Candidate:
* The successful candidate will be of graduate calibre and will be a CPC and ideally O licence holder with the following qualifications - IOSH Managing Safely and NEBOSH. Understanding of OHSAS 18001/45001.
* Currently working within a multi-site, multi drop B2B and B2C road fleet logistics focused, environment with a proactive and "best in class" compliance and health and safety culture and record; where the emphasis is on supporting and promoting line management accountability for fleet compliance and health and safety.
* This experience could be gained in house with a large multi-site manufacturer or retailer or third part logistics provider with a large national fleet of at least 400.
* In-depth knowledge of bulk/tanker/cylinder delivery fleet operations would be highly advantageous.
* As a business partner and trusted advisor to the Depot Manager's in the region, you will possess the gravitas and credibility that's comes from a strong foundation of operational experience in a fleet/transport management environment
* This will include significant experience of coaching and training of drivers.
* Deep and recent knowledge of safety and training legislation, drivers' hours' legislation and the legalities of running a fleet are prerequisites.
* You will possess excellent people management, relationship building, persuasion and influencing and project management skills.
* Strong assertive, confident, resilient and influential personality; capable of operating self-sufficiently in a field-based role and able to establish excellent working partnerships with your regional depot management teams. A team player.
* Proven leadership, coaching, training, communication and presentation skills
* Diplomatic, measured, discreet, tactful and professional at all times.
* A facilitator of change with demonstrable initiative and drive.
* A challenging, realistic and practical approach to the setting of objectives and targets.
* Lean and continuous improvement methodologies will be second nature to you.
* Strong analytical skills including reporting of KPI's and competency in root cause analysis will be critical to success.
* Excellent presentation skills in order to deliver coaching and training are paramount. Competent in Root Course Analysis.
* Previous project management and business case presentation including capital investment and ROI will be important.
* Strong attention to detail. Excellent time management skills in order to operate within strict deadlines
* You will be a high energy, resilient, assertive and enthusiastic individual.
To apply without delay, please email your CV quoting reference LX(phone number removed) Telephone (phone number removed) (url removed)
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.