Salary negotiable – depending on experience
Monday to Friday – 45 hrs per week
We are working with a well-established business in the Shrewsbury area, who are experience fantastic growth. They are looking for an experienced Transport Manager to join the team to oversee all Transport and Logistics Operations. The right candidate will have a continuous improvement mindset and will strive to improve processes wherever possible and deliver first class customer service.
The Transport Manager will be responsible for:
* Manage a team of drivers and inputting their hours
* Managing a fleet of vehicles arranging vehicle servicing and ensuring they are compliant
* Health, safety and environment and O license compliance
* Manage and work with the route planner to ensure they are planning the most effective routs for the drivers
* Oversee KPIs for logistics
* Review carrier management
* Manage the customer service experience – assess and implement improvement processes
Skills and Experience
* Previous experience in supervisory or management position in Transport or Logistics
* Must hold a CPC national
* Have previous experience route planning
* Knowledge of vehicle servicing and compliance
* IT literate
* Must be a people person who can communicate effectively with customers and colleagues
* Previous experience of managing tender process would be ideal
* This role would suit a candidate with previous experience as: Transport Manager / Transport Supervisor / Logistics Manager / Logistics Supervisor / Warehouse Manager / Distribution Manager
The application process:
We will carefully consider your details and advise you if we're able to progress with your application within 72 working hours. If you do not hear from us within this time your details won’t be retained. So, if you're not successful on this occasion, do continue to respond to future roles we advertise. In the meantime, all good wishes and continued success with your search for employment.
Prince Personnel are an employment agency working on behalf of our client. Whether you’re seeking a new permanent position, temporary assignment or contract you’ll find us easy to deal with. Located in thriving Telford, we focus on jobs in Shropshire, Staffordshire and North Wales. Prince Personnel specialise in commercial, accounts and finance and technical recruitment. With the best jobs around we are an independent agency working hard for you.
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.