PSi are excited to have the opportunity to be recruiting for a Transport Manager for a distribution company based in London. The company specialise in the supply chain for chemical manufacturers.
If you are an experienced Transport Operator or Transport Supervisor with a hands on approach and not afraid of managing an operation on the front lines and looking for the next step in your career then keep reading!
As the Transport Manager, you will be required to manage the Transport side of the depot, ensuring that all transport activities are performed efficiently, within the health & safety procedures & site targets, whilst meeting the customer's expectations.
The main areas of responsibility include: Leading and developing staff, managing a fleet of 8 vehicles. Compiling reports of cost, profit (using EBITA) and KPIs.
Benefits: Flexi Holidays, Gym Vouchers, ICare vouchers, Bonus, Mobile Phone
Specific responsibilities & duties of the Transport Manager are:
* Responsible for checking Health and Safety procedures are being adhered to.
* Ensure that Transport Operations delivers on its Customer Excellence targets, working closely with the Operations Manager and General Manager and other depot colleagues
* Manage Tachograph for driver operations
* Contribute to budget and cash flow targets
* Plan driver routes alongside the Transport Planner
* Compile reports on results, production of Masternaut reports
* Appraise, train and develop staff directly as well as through line managers
* Work closely with Operations Manager to achieve site targets
* Ensure out of hours emergency calls are dealt with effectively.
Experience & background for the Operations Manager:
* Operations management in the chemicals or associated industry.
* HGV/ CPC desirable
* Good knowledge of UK road network (South West)
* Knowledge/ Understanding of ADR (Transportation of Hazardous chemicals) is essential
* Being eligible to hold an Operator’s License is desirable
* IOSH and NEBOSH qualifications are desirable.
Person Specification for the Operations Manager:
* Effective Decision Maker and Problem Solver
* Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
* High level of commitment to the role/ good work ethic
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.