Role – Transport Manager
Salary – up to £30,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Location – Newbury, Berkshire
Are you highly organised? Do you have transport knowledge?
Atlas Employment are delighted to be working with a leading organisation based in Newbury, Berkshire who are looking for a transport Manager to join their team. You will ideally have transport knowledge and have previous managerial experience; this is desirable but not essential. The main duties of this role are to plan deliveries and collections. Alongside this, you will be expected to deal with drivers schedule management and ensure safety standards are being adhered to at all times. If this sounds like the role for you, please submit your CV now!
What will you be doing as a Transport Manager?
· Planning deliveries and collections
· Ensuring health and safety standards are adhered to at all times
· Effectively routing vehicles cost effectively
· Ensuring the business is compliant with policies and procedures
· Vehicle maintenance management and driver schedule management
· Approving the working hours for drivers
· Transport team holiday management
· Maintenance management and cost management
· Training and performance reviews for drivers
· Acting on transport requirements as they vary from day to day
You should apply for the role of Transport Manager if you have…
· Highly organised with excellent communication skills
· Confident coordinating and planning
· Transport knowledge and managerial experience an advantageous but not essential
· Previous HGV driving experience advantageous but not essential
· Customer oriented with the ability to liaise with clients
· Computer literate, SAP an advantage
· Geographical knowledge of the UK
Easy transport routes from; Thatcham, Bagnor, Cold Ash, Newtown Common, Woolton Hill, Chieveley and Hermitage
Job Type – Permanent
Status – Full-Time
Ref.No – JP465
If you think you may be a suitable candidate for the Transport Manager role, please contact Jade Powell at Atlas Employment
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.