Our Client, a well-established and thriving fast moving distribution company, is looking for an experienced Transport Manager to join their growing team.
As a Transport manager you will be managing the entire fleet and premises while ensuring that compliance is meet and run to the highest standard. All personnel, health and safety and depot transport operations will sit with you.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
· To effectively route deliveries, fully utilising the depot fleet to maximum efficiency.
· Contribute to the delivery of EBITDA targets, cash flow and budgets, through a reduction in waste and third-party haulage.
· Organise and control the effective supervision of all transport key activities within the depot against the targets set.
· Manage the company’s legal requirements of monitoring tachographs.
· Ensure drivers maintain regular vehicle checks. Book and monitor regular vehicular inspections and services.
· Use Masternaut tracker system to maximise fleet efficiency.
· Route fleet to maximise Transend paperless delivery system.
· Monitor and manage the completion of 'transport paperwork'
· Appraise, train, and develop staff both directly and through line managers
· CPC Certificate - Essential
· Appropriate Health and Safety qualification – IOSH, COSHH – Desirable
· HGV licence - Desirable
· ADR Certificate – Desirable Experience & Knowledge:
If you have Previous supervisory or management experience of transport management and you feel you are a commercially minded individual that can perform under pressure and you use your own initiative – We would love to speak to you.
This is a permanent position and is paying a market leading salary for the right transport professional.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.