As Transport Manager, you will lead the transport team to ensure operational compliance with statutory requirements and group policy, achievement of budgetary targets and contractual KPI's and the continuous development of the function in line with the division’s strategic goals.
* Accountable for achieving targets – monthly, quarterly, and annually.
* Covering Gloucester and Salisbury Depots
* Manage the drivers and grow the team appropriately.
* Hold effective meetings on a periodic basis as required and participate in corporate sales events and campaigns, as necessary.
* Manage the depots with regular visits to ensure health and safety and compliance are always adhered to.
* Implement solution enhancements and new solutions into the operation including process design, organisation structure and cost tracking.
* Produce and deliver stretching transport operational budgets that drive continued improvement in operating cost per case.
* Champion world class legal compliance and operational standards.
* Benchmark and implement best in class policy and procedures.
* Develop strong business relationships and maintain effective communication with all departments across the company.
* Monitor Transport KPI's and where appropriate engage with the branch management teams to achieve and exceed targets.
* Home working to analyse drivers hours, check drivers CCTV to ensure seatbelt / PPE compliance.
* Play an integral role in supporting the management of on-going cost control, actively seeking to improve efficiency to reduce operating costs and increase profitability to support the meeting of and exceeding of budgets.
* Manage the development and maintenance of customer databases and activity records and produce regular sales reports and management information as required.
* Monitor competitor activity, market conditions, and product development, reporting/escalating key activity, developments, and issues, as necessary.
This role requires a candidate to hold an International CPC License and be flexible to working from both home and office
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.