I am exclusively partnering with an international trading company that operate out of several UK ports on their search for as experienced Transport Manager.
The Transport Manager will be based out of their office in Goole and responsible for the distribution of goods from hull ports to local sites. Running a small fleet you will hold the O'license for the site and will also manage subcontractors.
Managing daily transport activities you will be responsible for:
* Plan and distribute vehicles accordingly to goods coming into and out of the port
* Manage a team of both in-house and agency drivers
* Supervise the recording of the driver's hours
* Organising drivers shifts and rotas
* Ensure the vehicles are compliant and book in any services/mots when needed
* Assist in contract negotiations for new customers
* Manage third party suppliers/ sub contractors
* Ensure Health & Safety regulations are adhered to
* Control and update transport budgets
* Writing reports on performance and targets for senior management
Key skills required for the role:
* CPC qualified (national or international)
* Previous experience managing a hands-on transport office
* Previous experience sourcing agency drivers
* Prior experience to vehicle compliance & maintenance
* Must be flexible to work different shift patterns
This is a permanent role offering a salary between £35,000 and £40,000 plus a company car. The typical working week is Mon - Fri (7am - 5pm), however the successful candidate will need to be flexible around this.
Please get in touch with Jessica directly to discuss the role further: (url removed)
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.