My client, a family owned fresh produce business based near Southport, are seeking an experienced Transport Manager to add to their team.
The Transport Manager will be responsible for managing a large team of drivers (c150) ensuring compliance and Health & Safety measures are maintained.
Managing daily transport activities you will be responsible for:
* Manage a team of both in-house and agency drivers
* Supervise the recording of the driver's hours
* Organising drivers shifts and rotas
* Ensure the vehicles are compliant and book in any services/mots when needed
* Assist in contract negotiations for new customers (third-party)
* Manage third party suppliers/ sub contractors
* Ensure Health & Safety regulations are adhered to
* Control and update transport budgets
* Writing reports on performance and targets for senior management
Key skills required for the role:
* CPC qualified (national or international)
* Previous experience managing a hands-on transport office
* Previous experience sourcing agency drivers
* Prior experience to vehicle compliance & maintenance
This is a very fast moving, hands-on role, as second nature, you need to maintain very high standards, enjoys instilling a sense of pride and professionalism within your team and have a real focus on overall performance & compliance.
This is an office based role where home working is not available, with core hours being Monday- Friday.
Please get in touch with (url removed) for further information.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.