Experienced Transport Manager required for a large Rotherham based organisation.
The main purpose of the role is to ensure the delivery of agreed level of customer service, always, whilst ensuring goods are received on time and in excellent condition.
Duties will include but not limited to:
* Ensuring Health and Safety compliance at all times
* Ensuring company procedures are strictly adhered to
* Ensuring colleagues are briefed at the start of every shift in regards to customer requirements etc
* Making sure drivers are compliant at all times and have satisfactory paperwork
* Analysing reports against key performance indicators and advise on action to improve results
* Monitor performance, timekeeping, attendance, overtime and sickness levels as per company policy
* Ensuring sufficient staff levels are maintained at all times, inductions and full training given where needed
* Dealing with all staff issues including grievance procedures, disciplinaries etc
* Developing new systems/procedures and training methods in order to increase productivity
* Controlling costs to meet budget requirements
This search is not limited to any industry. Previous transport management experience within a large, multi site, fast paced environment is key to this recruitment.
* Previous management, leadership, team building experience is essential
* The ability to build and maintain relationships with customers and colleagues is essential
* Experience of dealing with budgets is required
In return company offers a competitive salary plus additional benefits
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.