Eason Group Limited is seeking an experienced transport manager for a leading plant hire company in middlesex.
You should have previous experience as a Transport and Plant Manager for a Plant Hire/ Civil Engineering /ot Utility contracting environment. ·
* Direct management for the company Transport Manager and Plant Manager.
* Work with the Transport and Plant Managers and their teams to effectively utilise and maintain the fleet of 400 vehicles and all plant across a wide geographical area. ·
* Ensure that all vehicles are routinely serviced with essential maintenance carried out and that ‘Licence’ conditions are adhered to.
* Ensure that all Transport records are kept up to date. ·
* Enforce the group vehicle policy; ensure that all drivers / operators have the correct / valid licences for vehicles being used.
* Ensure that vehicle tracking systems are regularly monitored with the ability to provide alerts and reports in case of any incidents.
* Premiums to be reviewed on an annual basis to ensure best value for money
* Maintain relations with trade accounts; regularly negotiate rates / agreements
* Ensure fleet insurance premiums are monitored and reviewed on a bi-annual basis.
* Point of contact when investigating fleet accidents; manage claims with any affected parties.
* Provide fleet recommendations to senior management – comparing asset life cycle ownership costs against hire costs; taking into account contract requirements
* Oversee purchasing / leasing of Transport including service agreements ·Monitor fuel consumption including negotiating prices.
* Attend transport and management meetings. ·Attending regular planning meetings to understand the transport requirements for the forthcoming weeks; relaying information with the Transport department
* Previous experience is essential in transport & delivery of plant is essential.
* Daily routing and planning of vehicles ensuring compliance to UK / EU driver and working rules.
* Ensuring compliance of loads including STGO.
* Maintain compliance with operator licence requirements at all times
* Ensuring vehicles are made available and either deliver to maintenance providers or collected.
* Ensure daily checks are completed.
* Must have good people skills and communication.
* The successful candidate will be part of a team so will have a support of compliance director and other support staff.
* The candidate must have experience and hold a transport managers CPC, TM will be nominated on the licence.
* Thorough understanding of FORS is important.
* Demonstrable experience and capability in reporting and analysis to support efficient asset management.
* You should be qualified with Transport Manager CPC and should have excellent knowledge of Vehicles Operator licence requirements
* It is essential that you have excellent I.T Skills in Microsoft Office packages
To find out more please call Eason Group on (Apply online only) or Text your name, job title and postcode to (Apply online only).
Eason Group Limited is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and promote equality across our business. The terminology used in this advert is not intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We welcome applications from all sections of society and are always happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and / or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
All personal information will be automatically destroyed 6 months after submission
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.