Based: South Milford Leeds
Salary - £35,000 -£40,000 basic dependant on experience
This is an exciting opportunity for a Transport Manager who will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the Transport department consisting of Operating a fleet of Curtain-siders, skips, tankers, bulkers and bin rounds.
MUST BE DGSA Qualified
Role & Responsibilities
* Responsible for vehicle & driver compliance, and collection and co-ordination of the activities of our transport services.
* Control Tachograph reports and records of actions required
* Maintain vehicle & driver compliance in accordance with UK regulation
* Calculate and record driver hours on a weekly basis. Maintain tachograph analysis records and file them in line with the legislation.
* Maintain fleet records in line with company policy and legislation
* Update driver hours, holiday, and sickness onto the appropriate records
* Correct planning of routes using a computer-based planning system
* Deal with customer service issues that may arise
* Always work according to the Safe Systems of Work (SSOW)
* Bookings in and out.
Required Skills & Experience:
* DGSA Qualified
* Networking - Back loads
* Previous experience routing and organising vehicle & driver compliance within a transport environment.
* Networking - Back loads.
* Previous yard experience is essential along with experience of coordinating an inbound/outbound haulage.
* You will have sound IT/PC equipment skills including excellent MS office knowledge.
* Experience with planning & distribution software.
* Customer service skills are central to the company, so you will have experience in dealing with clients and drivers in a clear and calm manner. You will have the ability to pay attention to detail and maintain a ‘right first time’ culture.
* Previous experience within Investigation & DP processes.
* Previous experience working with H & S and Risk Assessments.
* You will have the ability to build effective working relationships with different groups (yard Loaders, operational managers, HR Department etc.) as well as a willingness to contribute extra effort and energy to co-operate with others in the depot.
* National & International Transport Manager CPC – Minimum.
* IOSHH or the ability to work towards this qualification.
Due to the rural location of the site a full UK driving license is also required.
Hours: Monday to Friday – 7am - 5pm Occasional Saturday
Your experience and skills will be rewarded with an exceptional salary and benefits package together with terrific prospects.
Apply now for an immediate interview
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.