UK Operations/Logistics Manager (246jc) – Runcorn, Cheshire – circa £55k + Benefits
My client, who are an international company committed to developing leading-edge resuscitation technologies for the military for over 25 years are now seeking to recruit an additional UK Operations Manager for their expanding UK based team.
You will be reporting to the UK Country Manager and your role will be to create a commercially efficient service and logistics functions in the UK subsidiary of the company, that will be the benchmark for others to follow
Your duties will be broken down as follows:
- Working with the UK Country Manager, developing a suite of service contract offerings and harnessing new mechaniss for generating commercial value from company’s service business
- Meeting with customers and positioning service contract offers to them; gleaning their feedback and using it to shape future customer value propositions
- Working with the UK Marketing Manager to position companies range of commercial offerings to the market
- Managing the Field Service and Depot Engineers, ensuring efficient deployment of resources, first time fix on repairs and maintenance visits
- Ensuring customer satisfaction through rapid response, coordinated on a 24-hour basis
- Implementing and maintaining efficient systems to monitor performance, then using this to measure team success through KPIs
- Coordinating the administration functions of the department in the most efficient manner, ensuring cross training of staff and co-ordination with other departments of the company
- Regular and ongoing interaction across all other departments
- Direct liaison with key customers
- Engendering strong working relationships with supply-chain partners
- Ensuring that customer requirements are met in a timely and effective manner
- Maintaining and growing existing service contract base, and optimising current contract efficiency
- Carrying out regular visits to customer sites
- Planning effective deployment of resources and reviewing on an ongoing basis
- Managing the warehouse team, ensuring deliveries are made to customers in a timely manner
- Maintaining an efficient, well organised inventory, for optimum efficiency
- Implementing and complying with Health & Safety legislation
- Monitoring stock levels through trend analysis, and forward planning minimum/maximum quantities, to be reviewed on an ongoing basis
- Working closely with internal customers to manage expectations
- Embedding a quality driven and world-class culture, ensuring systems and processes are deeply rooted into the organisation’s practices
- Ensuring the team receive appropriate and ongoing training and personal development
- Coordinating and maintaining a company Risk Register, and reporting to the Country Manager on a monthly basis
- Remodelling the business as necessary
- Keeping abreast of market trends, products, services and competitor offerings as part of creating an effective operation
- Holding the position of company responsible person for relevant Health & Safety matters (AP)
- Review and implementation of company H&S Training Plan
To be eligible for this post, you will need the following:
- Degree or professional qualification, preferably engineering related
- Significant experience of running/coordinating a service related operation
- Ideally from a med-tech service background, having carried previously carried out a similar role
- You will be spending about 70% in the office at Runcorn and about 30% at client sites across the UK.
- Previous sales experience is desirable
- Warehouse experience
- Experience of quality management systems
- Confident and dynamic personality
- Strong creative outlook
- Team player
The ideal candidate would probably be ex RQMS/CQMS WO or LE Officer who has some commercial experience and who has a strong background in Stores and Logistics, who is seeking to step up into a more Ops Manager role.
In return they are offering an excellent salary package, which will include car allowance, and after probation, healthcare and pension.
For more information, please contact Jean-Claude Hedouin, at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd on (phone number removed) ext 1.
DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS RECRUITMENT CONSULTANCY, WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO REPRESENT INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE EX MILITARY
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.