Imperial Logistics have an exciting opportunity for a UK Transport Manager to join the team.
Salary: Competitive + Company car
The Imperial-Group offers tailored Logistics Concepts for the automobile, supplier and consumer goods industry. We support from planning to implementation of reliable process chains by understanding all of the needs and requirements and make individual solutions possible.
Imperial Logistics International UK is a part of the worldwide acting Logistics Company IMPERIAL Holding Ltd. with about 51.000 employees.
The UK Transport Manager is an integral part of our business ensuring that the Transport team is lead, empowered and developed.
As the Operator’s License holder you will have overall responsibility and accountability for Imperial transport operations locations.
Safely and effectively managing personnel, agencies, 3PL providers, budget and other resources in a customer focused and cost efficient manner to meet business requirements and support profitable growth.
Identifying risks, issues and opportunities while responding to them with solutions and techniques to improve delivery and profitability
UK Transport Manager – Key Responsibilities:
- Providing creative, flexible and consistent leadership to develop and support the Transport team
- Planning, controlling, monitoring the processes and ensuring compliance with customer requirements. Engaging with internal and external customers to meet and exceed customer expectations and championing a “customer first” approach.
- Ensuring availability of all resources (personnel and vehicles) on a day to day basis. Planning driver resource strategically, tactically and operationally.
- Control of driver’s hours and legal compliance in accordance with tachograph legislation and WTD
- Understand and meet the Company’s Operating Licence obligations ensuring that appropriate controls and procedures are rigorously enforced
- Monitoring and responsibility of the Financial P&L including monthly forecasting
- Planning for the transport operation whilst actively seeking to improve efficiency, reduce operating costs, increasing margin whilst meeting budget as a minimum. Ensure all Transport revenue is accounted and captured
- Maintain an excellent working knowledge of, and work proactively and in accordance with, all current and anticipated legislative requirements and best practice in the transport industry including achieving any accreditations that the company may wish to attain
- Ensuring legal compliance relating to servicing, repairs and roadworthiness of vehicles in use
- Provision of regular updates to the UK Operations Manager
- Training, implementation and compliance relating to all Health and Safety policies and procedures, both statutory and in house. Ensures that all aspects of Health and Safety are adhered to, including H&S induction and training, operating procedures, near miss, RTA, personal injury reporting and emergency procedures
- Understanding of the technical contract requirements and ensure that these are met
- Achieving the corporate goals, company values, guidelines and QEHS goals of the company
- Identifying opportunities to use fuel more efficiently, and promote energy saving initiatives within area of responsibility
- Work closely with the warehouse team and other key stakeholders to ensure all logistics solutions are fully integrated and designed to improve customer service
- Proactively support all contracts with Ad-Hoc sub-contraction and special projects as and when required
- Ensuring all administrative processes are completed accurately and in a timely manner
- Produce proactive personal development plans and hold regular one to one meetings with the team
UK Transport Manager – You:
- Certificate of Professional Competence in Road Haulage and be the company O license holder
- Demonstrable experience of working as a Transport Manager within a fast moving Unionised environment
- Customer, people and results centric
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- People management skills, including the ability to inspire, lead and motivate a team of people, delegate work and explain ideas
- Planning and organising skills
- Analytical ability
- Strong IT skills including MS Word, Powerpoint and Excel
- Good knowledge of TMS systems
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Problem solving skills and the ability to work at a strategic level
- In-depth knowledge of the legal requirements of managing a transport operation
To submit your CV for this exciting UK Transport Manager, please click ‘Apply’ now
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.