Vehicle Transport & Logistics Manager - Maturing Tech start up disruptors in the automotive sector! Unprecedented opportunity for an industry legend with brilliant customer centric and customer experience beliefs!
Brilliant package - Amazing responsibility and a great company who are REALLY GROWING!
Working with over a 1000 professional automotive establishments UK wide this is a brilliant time and role for the right Vehicle Transport & Logistics Manager to take the lead and deliver incredible structural growth with the ambition and motivation to be able to deliver exceptional customer satisfaction and journey through world class logistics.
Apply today start Asap
To further develop our service we’re building a world-class transport and logistics service to make buying and selling a breeze for both car sellers and buyers.
I am excited to be looking for a Vehicle Transport & Logistics Manager who will develop the logistics product, implement systems to enable scale, source and manage our logistics partners, and build the logistics team.
About the role
The transport service has two key elements - inspection and transport. In order to complete a car sale, the seller’s vehicle is inspected at their home, based on a fixed process set by Motorway. If the car matches the condition and specification expected, the dealer pays for the vehicle remotely, and the car is transported back to the dealership.
To make this possible, we have partnered with some of the country's leading vehicle inspection and logistics companies, who provide our network of dealers with scalable transport solutions for vehicles across the UK. Having completed a successful launch phase (already handling up to 100 inspection and transports daily), they are now looking to scale the service significantly.
The Transport & Logistics Manager will manage our portfolio of partners and grow the product and team.
This role will involve:
* Upscaling logistical systems operations - using technology solutions (either through third party services or built internally when necessary) to automate and improve the transport service for dealers and sellers Sourcing and selecting potential new transport partners, negotiating contracts, and ensuring successful integration and ongoing service levels.
* Ensuring partners adhere to our exacting standards for both vehicle inspection and transport, and maintain quality throughout the experience.
* Updating and evaluating metrics and performance and implement enhancements.
* Communicating with stakeholders throughout the business (including Sales operations, customer service, finance, product and strategy to ensure the transport service scales in line with the wider business.
* Working closely with other managers across the business to make sure the customer experience is fluid throughout.
YOU - the CANDIDATE:
* Extensive experience in car industry logistics, ideally including vehicle inspection and collection / delivery.
* Relevant education background, ideally to degree level.
* Excellent relationship building skills - you’ll be able to rapidly build rapport and trust with potential partners, and be able to negotiate the right deals.
* A strong understanding of the motor industry including independent and franchise dealer groups - how they operate, and their quality expectations.
* A data first approach, with the ability to manipulate technology tools like Excel, google sheets and other systems - you don’t need to be able to code, but you do need to be technically savvy.
* Good knowledge of existing logistic platforms and planning tools.
* Excellent communication and writing skills.
* Good attention to detail and highly organisational skills.
* Proven team-building and management skills.
* The ability to use your own initiative and foresight to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
* The ability to motivate a team, especially at times of high pressure and rapid systems evolution.
* A competitive salary
* Enhanced Maternity/Paternity leave
* Pension Scheme
* Discounted Calm membership
* Cycle to work scheme
* Access to Learnerbly with your own budget to use once you have passed probation to further enhance your skills and career
* The chance to join a rapidly growing company that cares first and foremost about its people
* The chance to work with an experienced and passionate team with a big vision
* A fun working environment with regular social events
What is not to like? Apply today if you have the industry experience
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.