My client in Newark is need of a Warehouse & Logistics Manager.
Mt client specialises in specialises in the design, manufacture and construction of permanent buildings.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
To provide strong leadership and develop the logistics/ inventory/materials team/stock handling/value added processes to achieve both effective and efficient stock control management and on time supply to internal manufacturing facilities and site.
To maintain accurate inventory management of incoming materials and to drive material forecasting, planning & logistics in conjunction with the production management teams.
Play a key role in supporting the implementation of MRP/Kanban in to the business
Responsible for stores management and Health and Safety processes in order to achieve and maintain the quality systems across he project
Provide appropriate Material Performance Reporting at Project Reviews, Production Reviews utilising appropriate tools/reports
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES INCLUDE:
* Full involvement in the implementation of new innovations in the stores function, MRP, Kanban, etc.
* Manage the stores for the manufacturing site and lead a team to deliver an excellent service and onsite availability of operational products, goods and PPE.
* Develop and implement processes and controls to effectively manage goods in/out, location and issue
* Implement and maintain a stock management process to consistently achieve stock accuracy
* Support, implement and sustain continuous improvement through lean manufacturing techniques and philosophies including removal of non-value-added activities.
* Produce regular reports and statistical information as required.
* Use data analysis as a tool to deliver improvements.
* Reporting, measuring and managing KPI’s.
* Work in conjunction with the production team to ensure the optimal flow of materials to satisfy the production requirements.
* Maintain accurate stock records and transactions in all operations of the company’s system, including investigation and prevention of inaccuracies. Proactively assess and investigate root causes of stock loss/gain trends.
* Maintain full understanding and compliance of the company ISO9001/ISO14001/ISO18001 standards
* Review/remove/report obsolete or damaged stock and report financial impact.
* Schedule and organise stock cycle checks and main stock takes.
* Efficient organisation and utilisation of stores personnel
* Maintain a high standard of maintenance and housekeeping along with workplace organisation throughout the stores area.
* To ensure the team are trained and work within Health & Safety regulations and develop 5S and Lean throughout the work areas.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Demonstrable experience in leadership and management of a busy stores environment or similar discipline.
* Considerable management experience in a manufacturing environment, reporting at senior level.
* Proven skills and experience of manufacturing material control and supply logistics.
* Strong communication skills
* Strong organisation skills
* Strong problem solving skills
* Strong planning and analytical skills
* Proven track record in improving efficiencies.
* Able to bring a new dimension to stores activities.
* Previous change management experience and ability to communicate this out.
* Demonstrate experience of leading, coaching and development of a stores team within a changing environment..
* Role will require a familiarity and knowledge of the principles of Lean/Six Sigma
* Competent IT skills in Microsoft, Excel (Navision or similar desirable but not essential)
* Enthusiasm, drive and a can-do attitude
If you would like to be considered for the role then please respond with an up to date CV
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.