McIver Scott Recruitment is working with a rapidly growing award winning company recruiting for a Warehouse and Logistics Manager.
The company are looking to add an experienced Manager who can help take the business to the next level.
The manager will oversee the movement, distribution and storage of materials in an organisation. Control the flow of incoming materials and outgoing finished products to ensure customers receive products on time. Oversee warehouse, inventory control, material handling, customer service, transportation and planning workers. They hire, train and evaluate employees. Managers prepare worker schedules and ensure warehousing and distribution workers follow safety rules.
The Warehouse and logistics manager, will primarily involve optimising inbound and outbound warehousing and transportation and any related processes.
You will oversee the daily operations of warehouse and logistics activities and manage the warehouse and logistics staff.
The major duties, tasks, and responsibilities that make up the warehouse and logistics manager job description are listed below:
* Plan and oversee outbound logistics, including on-site and off-site warehouse inventory, and the transportation of completed orders.
* Establish and preserve relationships, as well as negotiate with suppliers, manufacturers, and retailers and consumers for logistics providers and inbound supply of materials when needed
* Collaborate with customer service and sales to perform assessment on strategic logistic opportunities
* Plan and allocate resources for warehouse picking and shipping processes to ensure daily shipments are picked and shipped promptly following customers’ requirements
* Liaise to ensure warehouse activities harmonise with that of other functions such as purchasing
* Provide support operation processes, including inspection, receiving, and storage; material usage, order picking, and inbound and outbound shipments; and the handling and disposition of material activities
* Responsible for monitoring and upholding inventory accuracy through cycle count process, investigation of variances, and quarterly and annual physical inventories
* Responsible for creaating and managing the department’s KPI’s, including visual controls; and converse status to MD.
* Spot and understand root cause of problems and execute countermeasures
* Develop and implement lean initiatives to guarantee continuous improvement in processes
* Responsible for employee compliance to company policies and production procedures.
* Adhere to safety standards
The right candidate will be a pivotal appointment in the development of the business.
PC literacy with strong written and verbal communication is essential.
A self motivated, reliable and trustworthy candidate.
If you have the skills, experience and personal qualities apply now
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.