We are currently working with an innovative, family-run SME who are actively seeking a Warehouse & Logistics Manager to join their team based in Chesterfield. As a Warehouse & Logistics Manager you will be responsible for the Distribution Centre, providing effective and dependable leadership and operational management.
Key duties and responsibilities...
* To devise and implement the strategy for management of all warehouse functions and distribution channels to ensure the company has the capability required to deliver on business plans profitably and to meet and exceed regulatory, customer and other stakeholder requirements.
* Guide and support the recruitment, performance improvement and career development of the warehouse teams, including maximising efficiencies to prevent over-staffing.
* Daily execution of best in class customer service levels and stock level accuracy, high quality on time in full delivery and optimal management of human and financial resources.
* Manage available resources and set the benchmark for operational management, planning and execution using Lean, ‘right first time’ approaches.
* Monitor, control and report on stock levels, trends, and shortages. Maintain reliable and accurate stock figures at all times.
* Ensure distribution warehouse is organised, equipped, stocked, and staffed properly in line with future requirements for volume, handling, storage, shipping and value-added service.
* Implement and monitor excellence in Health & Safety management
* When the company have their own van deliveries and other depots in the future, oversee the logistics side
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, attributes and qualifications...
* Hands on approach
* Experience with Route planning is desirable
* Shift rotation experience essential
* Experience with Bar Code scanning
* ISO9001 / ISO1345 desirable
* Be confident, articulate and with effective leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
* Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of operations management principles, ERP, WMS, transport routing software and Lean implementation.
* Ideally have senior level operations or logistics experience with a track record of operational service level and efficiency improvement.
Hours: Mon-Fri 7am – 4.30pm (moving to shift rotation)
* Salary circa £40,000
* 21 Days Holiday +8 Days Bank Holiday
* Free parking on site
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.