The information given below is intended to provide an understanding and appreciation of the workload of the job and its role within. The job description outlines the main purposes in general terms only and is not intended to be prescriptive.
You may be required to carry out other duties in order to commensurate with the post. This will not change the character or purpose of the post but will be necessary to maintain high standards of business practice. The post-holder will be expected to participate in developing our clients Quality Standards.
This job description, through Business reasons, may be altered from time to time to meet the changing needs of the Company.
General Duties and Key Responsibilities:
* Managing and supporting a team of Yard Operatives and Drivers.
* Loading and unloading lorries and ensuring all lorries remain freighted to within their weight limits.
* Weekly stock counts updated on company forms and software.
* Maintin all stock in safe, good working order and servicing plant where required.
* Ensuring minimum shortages and lossess are incurred.
* Maintaining and upkeeping all Operators Licence/VOSA requirements including tachograph records.
* Ensuring all fleet vehicles are roadworthy and VOSA compliant.
* Ensuring the periodic maintains inspections and MOT’s are undertakn with the in house mechanic.
* Undertaking gate checks on vehicles and ensuring dailiy inspections and tachograpgh downloads have been undertaken by drivers.
* Health & Safety audits of the yard.
* Producing statutory company reports.
* Ensuring the companies standards remain consistently high across all areas of the business.
The Successful Candidate Attributes:
* Driven, motivated and looking for a role that will allow growth and development with the business.
* Experience, preferably within scaffolding desirable but not essential. Experience in warehousing would be advantageous.
* A positive attitude, adble to be assertive and diplomatic and a good problem solver.
* Ability to react and adapt quickly to changing situations.
* Ability to work on their own inititive and as part of a team.
* Excellent leadership and communications skills.
* Computer and IT literate and good knowledge of the use of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
* Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritise workload.
The below qualifications are all desirable but not essential. Further training will be avaialbe for the right candidate.
* Forklift Truck licence (counter balanced)
* First Aid Trained.
* Current valid UK driving licence.
* Class 2 HGV licence prefereable but not essential as further training will be provided.
* Transport Managers CPC prefable but not essential as further training will be provided.
* Competitive salary (negotiable dependant on experience).
* Company computer.
* Company mobile phone.
* Bonus incentives dependant on company performance.
* Further career development witin the Company
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.