Fleet News

Yorkshire Bank acquires Eden Vehicle Rentals

YORKSHIRE Bank, a wholly-owned subsidiary of National Australia Bank, has acquired the total shareholding of contract hire specialist Eden Vehicle Rentals. The banking group already owned 75% of Carlisle-based EVR, which has a fleet of 13,000 contract hire vehicles, and has purchased the remaining 25% shareholding in the business from County Garage Group.

Dealership group County established EVR in 1962, but has now decided to focus on its Ford and Jaguar franchises. It will, however, remain, EVR's principal supplier in the north of England. National Australia Bank said the acquisition formed part of a strategy to create a global leasing and asset finance business, building on its Custom Fleet operations in Australia and New Zealand.

Leave a comment for your chance to win £20 of John Lewis vouchers.

Every issue of Fleet News the editor picks his favourite comment from the past two weeks – get involved for your chance to appear in print and win!

Login to comment

Comments

No comments have been made yet.

Compare costs of your company cars

Looking to acquire new vehicles? Check how much they'll cost to run with our Car Running Cost calculator.

What is your BIK car tax liability?

The Fleet News car tax calculator lets you work out tax costs for both employer and employee