Fleet News

Business travellers are target for new website

Business travellers are among the target audience for new website services offered by Mercedes-Benz in Germany.

The manufacturer said the site, at www.mercedes-benz.t-online.de offers a range of services including: 'detailed route planning features with up-to-the-minute traffic and weather reports, professional office functions with customisable calendar, e-mail and a comprehensive range of news services.'

It also includes reservations functions for services such as car hire, restaurants and hotels. DaimlerChrysler said the site is aimed at business travellers and commuters 'who use it to reach their destinations more quickly and comfortably'.

The site is operated by StarMobility, of which DaimlerChrysler owns 51% and T-Online the remaining 49%, and it is expected to generate revenue through service fees, commissions on transactions and 'attractive premium services' as well as advertising.

'It is important to us to provide mobility services to our customers who already own and use a variety of terminals and devices,' said Professor Jurgen Hubbert, DaimlerChrysler management board member responsible for Mercedes-Benz passenger cars and the Smart division. 'Moreover,' he added, 'the portal's services can be accessed simply by phoning an independent call centre.' (September 2001)

Leave a comment for your chance to win £20 of John Lewis vouchers.

Every issue of Fleet News the editor picks his favourite comment from the past two weeks – get involved for your chance to appear in print and win!

Login to comment

Comments

No comments have been made yet.

Compare costs of your company cars

Looking to acquire new vehicles? Check how much they'll cost to run with our Car Running Cost calculator.

What is your BIK car tax liability?

The Fleet News car tax calculator lets you work out tax costs for both employer and employee