Interactive Driving Systems has launched a hit-while-parked collisions guide to cut the significant cost these crashes have.
IDS published the Reducing hit while parked and driver unknown guide following research which shows that ‘hit while parked’ collisions currently account for 38% of all collisions in a typical fleet.
In the spirit of Road Safety Week, it has released a guidance document focusing on:
- Obtaining the facts to get good data, which allows targeted policies, procedures, training, education appropriate vehicle selection and journey/site risk assessment.
- The financial and other implications of false hit while parked claims.
- Accurate data, which is vital for selecting the correct type of management, driver, vehicle or site-based interventions.
- Policies, training and communications that allow for genuine cases, but ensure drivers are not better off by hiding the truth.
- DriverINDEXING, OneToOnes and a specific online RiskCOACH module on damage while parked collisions built into Virtual Risk Manager to allow the risks to be targeted in an effective way.
A free copy of the research and guidance document is available by emailing: email@example.com