Northgate plc is to implement an organisational re-structure which will see the company build on its existing position.
Since the company re-branded in 2010, Northgate has focussed on providing an industry leading product and service experience under one name. The primary aim of the re-structure is to make our service delivery more visible and consistent, therefore significantly improving the customer experience.
Whilst it is expected that there will be a relatively small number of redundancies announced as part of the reorganisation, the majority of the reductions are in back office, finance and administrative positions where our the platform will simplify processes to remove duplication. As part of the consolidation process a significant number of roles will be made available and these will be offered to those affected where possible to mitigate job losses.
In addition to this, the company has made the following investments in 2011-12 to further improve the service experience:
- Purchase of over 20,000 new vehicles in line with the past two years
- Significant investment in the infrastructure with additional sites and a major refurbishment of many of our existing facilities
- Introduction of technology and additional training for our staff to better manage the vehicle delivery , collection and communication process
- Completion of the implementation of a workshop planning system to better manage the vehicle service, maintenance and repair process
- Centralisation of key administrative tasks to speed up customer response times, reduce issues and communicate in a clear and consistent manner
- Improving controls to ensure vehicles delivered to customers meet a high standard
- Embark on a group wide training and development plan for customer service