Fleet News

Record sales for the Renault Group in 2011

The Renault group sold 2,722,062 vehicles worldwide, an increase of 94,697 (+3.6%)

Commenting on these results, Jérôme Stoll, Executive vice president, sales and marketing & light commercial vehicles, chairman of Europe Region, said: “In 2011, the Renault group beat its own record, selling 2.7 million vehicles, and pursued its global expansion, generating 43% of its sales outside Europe. Despite mixed results in Europe, Renault remains the market’s number two brand and was the LCV leader for the 14th year in a row. Last year also ushered in the era of the affordable electric vehicle, with the launches of Fluence Z.E. and Kangoo Van Z.E.”.

Global markets expanded by 5.3% in 2011. Growth was driven by international markets, including Russia (+40%), Turkey (+13%) and Latin America (+10%). In Europe, the market was stable (-0.5%) although the overall result masked contrasting trends:

- Rising markets: Netherlands (+16%), Germany (+9%), Austria (+9%), Belgium/Luxembourg (+5%)

- Falling markets: Portugal (-30%), Spain (-17%), Italy (-10%), UK (-2%), France (-1.3%)

The global market is expected to expand 4% in 2012 compared with 2011. The Group will continue to grow in strong markets outside Europe. It will consolidate its positions on the European market, which is forecast to decline by 3% to 4% overall (7% to 8% in France), while keeping to the financial targets set in Renault’s Drive the Change Plan.

Stoll said: “In an uncertain economic and financial environment, the Renault group has strengths that will stand it in good stead in 2012. The year will feature a major product offensive both in Europe and on international markets, as we roll out nine new models and ten new phases. These will include ZOE and Twizy, two electric vehicles that symbolize Renault’s ability to make innovation available to everyone; New Clio, the flagship for the brand’s new design approach; plus three new Dacias: the Lodgy MPV, a van and a leisure-activity vehicle. Marketing these new products, along with four new engines and the R-Link, a tactile, integrated and connected tablet offered on ZOE and New Clio in 2012 at an unrivalled low price, will help to further enhance the appeal of our brands”.

Leave a comment for your chance to win £20 of John Lewis vouchers.

Every issue of Fleet News the editor picks his favourite comment from the past two weeks – get involved for your chance to appear in print and win!

Login to comment

Comments

No comments have been made yet.

Compare costs of your company cars

Looking to acquire new vehicles? Check how much they'll cost to run with our Car Running Cost calculator.

What is your BIK car tax liability?

The Fleet News car tax calculator lets you work out tax costs for both employer and employee