As deliveries of the world's first plug-in diesel hybrid, the Volvo V60 D6 AWD, start in the UK, Volvo has announced a new partnership with British Gas to help ensure customers' properties are ready to charge their new vehicle.
Until March 2015, customers who buy the new model will be eligible for a free* car charging package from British Gas, which includes a charge point and free* access to the Polar Charging network across the UK.
Recent updates to the Volvo V60 for Model Year 2014 have included a completely redesigned front with a new bumper incorporating new day-running lights and grille, plus a re-profiled bonnet with hidden washer jets, front wings and headlights.
From Model Year 2014, customers are able to specify the SE Lux specification with additional options and also choose from a wide range of colours.
The V60 D6 AWD allows the driver to choose the driving mode via three buttons in the dashboard that gives the car three entirely different temperaments: Pure, Hybrid or Power.
In the default hybrid mode, the carbon dioxide emissions are 48g/km.
The driver can also choose to cover up to 31 miles on pure electric power − or use the combined capacity of the diesel engine and electric motor to create a veritable driving machine with 215+70 horsepower and 440+200 Nm of torque.
Production has already been doubled next year from the initial plan of 150, to 300 units for the UK. Global production is expected to reach 10,000 units in 2014.
As part of the partnership with British Gas, UK customers will benefit from a free* home charging package which includes:
- Installation of a home charge point − a 16 Amp data enabled Wall Box with 4.5m cable to help keep track of energy use.
- Access to the POLAR network until the end of March 2014. Giving access to more than 1,800 public charging points across the country.
- A home-suitability survey by a fully-trained British Gas electrician, survey and installation on the same day.
- Access to Chargevision online account management and smart phone app to help keep track energy use.
- Three-year charge point warranty and three-year parts and labour warranty.
Other benefits from British Gas for electric vehicle users include:
- The British Gas Off-Peak Saver Tariff** − designed specifically with electric vehicle and hybrid owners in mind, the tariff provides 20 hours of lower rate electricity every day compared to other standard tariffs.
- The installation of a smart meter, which shows in pounds and pence how much energy is costing.
* Access and usage of POLAR public charging network available across UK at no additional cost. This offer is subject to availability and any proposed offer end date will be published in advance. To find out what's included in this offer, refer to the frequently asked questions section. This offer is only valid in mainland UK and excludes the Channel Islands and Isle of Man. For full terms and conditions applicable to this offer visit britishgas.co.uk/electricvehicles
**Off-Peak Saver is subject to VAT and regulatory changes, and changes to discounts applied to your bill. Terms and Conditions may vary. Subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time. Excludes Pay As You Go EnergyTM customers. Customers do not require an electric vehicle to be eligible for this tariff.