The Freight Transport Association (FTA) has published a brand new edition of its Company Car Drivers’ Handbook, which has been endorsed by the Institute of Car Fleet Management and ACFO.
The release of the new guide is timed to coincide with the end of the summer holidays, which will see a return to the roads for many company car drivers.
The handbook is aimed at anyone who drives a car for business purposes and it contains information to help drivers remain safe and legal.
The FTA recommended that drivers should carry it with them in their vehicle so that guidance is on hand whenever needed.
Key updates for the 2016 edition include:
- Changes to drug driving legislation (prescription medication)
- Lowered alcohol limits in Scotland
- Removal of paper counterpart driving licence
- Jeopardising vocational licence if caught using mobile phone whilst driving a car
- Changes to smoking regulations with minors in the car
- Updates to fixed penalty charges
- Updated information on government agencies
It should be read in conjunction with each organisation’s specific policies, which may well go beyond the advice in the handbook.