FTA has announced a nomination deadline extension for the 2018 everywoman in transport and logistics awards, to February 26.
The awards hope to shine a light on the vital role women play in the future of transport and logistics, while highlighting the wide range of new opportunities available.
Everywoman co-founder Maxine Benson MBE said: “Every year we look forward to uncovering the exceptional women whose achievements will truly inspire those aspiring to work in transport and logistics and importantly motivate those who have never considered the industry, to take a fresh look at it.
“The variety of industries represented by past finalists and winners shows just how many interesting and fulfilling opportunities are available, completely reshaping the perceptions many have about the industry.”
The 2018 Award Categories are as follows:
- The Freight Award – Entrants for this Award should demonstrate how they are innovating in the sector.
- The Passenger Award – Entrants for this Award should demonstrate how they are improving the customer experience.
- The Infrastructure Award – Entrants for this Award should demonstrate how they are improving road or rail infrastructure.
- The Supply Chain Award – Entrants for this Award should demonstrate how they are improving processes within supply chain.
- The Warehousing Award - Entrants for this Award should demonstrate how they are innovating and improving warehouse operations.
- Industry Champion Award – Entrants for this Award should demonstrate the impact that they have had on attracting and retaining women in the industry. Awarded to one individual only, male or female.
- Male Agent of Change Award (new for 2018) – Awarded to a man for his active commitment to advancing the progress of women working in transport and logistics
FTA’s chief executive David Wells said: “Logistics is one of the UK’s biggest employers with more than 2.54 million people working across the industry, yet only a small proportion of that number are women.
“FTA is delighted to once again sponsor the everywoman in Transport & Logistics Awards to recognise the women really driving change and acting as role models in a wide range of roles, and to showcase the opportunities that exist for the next generation to join this vibrant area of a sector, which underpins every aspect of modern life.”