A senior group of ladies from the leasing industry are aiming to raise £10,000 for a breast cancer charity.
Members of LILIES (Leasing Industry Ladies Invitation Events) are taking part in an overnight 'Moonwalk' event for charity Walk the Walk, walking 26 miles through Edinburgh overnight.
LILIES is group of likeminded ladies that enjoy meeting and networking, debating common industry news, issues and themes on a regular basis.
Sarah Easton, managing director at Fleet on Demand, told Fleet News: "We have always discussed giving something back, and this event is a walk rather than a run so more of our members could take part.
"You don’t have to be super fit but you do need to walk the miles as part of the training.
"We choose Edinburgh so that we could make a weekend of it – its great fun bonding in pain!"
The group has already raised nearly £6,500, with a target of £10,000.
Taking part are:
- Louisa Bell, commercial director, Avis Budget UK
- Caroline Gallagher, director corporate sales, Thrifty Car & Van Rental
- Kathleen Whittam, head of vehicle rental, Tusker
- Kathy Horsey, general manager – supply management, LeasePlan UK
- Amanda Hook-Brown, corporate operations strategy manager, BMW Group UK
- Kate Cooper-Griffiths, corporate sales manager UK, Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Sarah Easton, managing director, Fleetondemand
The walk takes place on Saturday, June 11, and donations can be made online through the Everyday Hero website.