Workplace Charging Scheme (WCS) – guidance document for applicants, chargepoint installers and manufacturers
Effective from April 2020.
Changes from previous versions:
- The grant cap set at £350 (including VAT) per socket for voucher applications submitted on or after the 1st of April 2020
- An increase in the number of sockets from 20 to 40 per company
- The minimum technical specification for the Workplace Charging Scheme has been updated. Chargepoint models under ‘fast DC’ with a charging output greater than 3.5kW and not greater than 22kW are now eligible
- Adding a requirement that where a smart device (such as hub / smart cable etc.) is separate to a main dumb chargepoint, a third photo should be provided showing the smart device and its serial number
- Clarification that installers must not charge customers for the grant in advance of payment being made by OLEV
- Clarification that customers may buy their own chargepoints and claim for the installation, if the chargepoint meets the minimum technical requirements
- Clarifications on the use of authorised installers
- Extension of voucher validity from 120 to 180 days.