Position: Assistant Fleet Manager
OnPoint are currently seeking an Assistant Fleet Manager for a very well established transport company based in Bathgate. This is a great opportunity for someone with experience that would like to join a growing company with potential to move up in the business in the future.
The Company operate a large fleet of 200 vehicles throughout the UK and are seeking to fill this position within their fleet department.
You will be suitably experienced and possess all relevant technical qualifications for this challenging position. A strong commercial awareness coupled with a full understanding of compliance requirements is essential. Your administration/IT/organisational skill should also be exceptional.
* Deputise as the senior authority on fleet asset and engineering management
* Establish and implement transport fleet business strategy and plans for the effective and efficient impact on operations, customer service, business objectives and overall results
* Maintain excellent customer relations in negotiations concerning fleet design and procurement
* Ensure the fleet meet all legal and statutory requirements
* Oversee and manage all fleet maintenance and other suppliers and contractors ensuring the highest standards are maintained.
* Work with fleet manufacturers and bodybuilders concering fleet specification, deswign and procurement
* Assist and monitor defect process
* Investigate vehicle incidents relating to vehicle damage/performance/accidents and train drivers on defenive driving techniques
* Assist all workshop health and safety inline with company standards
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.