An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Transport Manager to join a leading heavy haulage business. This position would be a great step-up for a transport planner or transport office supervisor looking to take on further responsibility.
As the Assistant Transport Manager, you will report directly to the Operations Manager and be responsible for the day to day planning and routing of a large fleet of vehicles. It is expected you will possess strong communication skills as you will be needed to liaise with different departments in the business. It is also anticipated you will be able to demonstrate a practical understanding of a mixed general haulage fleet and show an understanding of trailer specifications and STGO regulations.
Assistant Transport Manager - Position Overview
* Ensuring our clients customers receive the highest standards of customer service.
* Efficient planning and routing of UK and European loads to ensure maximum profitability.
* Communicating with drivers, customers, Sub-Contractors, and warehousing.
* Forward plan trailer, equipment, and driver availability.
* Notification of abnormal loads.
* Accurately process jobs within transport management software.
* Provide quotations and tenders for customers.
* Assist drivers with job information and trouble shoot problems.
Assistant Transport Manager – Position Requirements
* Proven experience in a Transport Planner position
* Experience of heavy haulage transport would be highly beneficial
* Excellent Customer service skills.
* Strong written, numerical, and verbal communication skills.
* A particularly good attention to detail.
* Adaptable and resilient in a pressurised environment.
* A strong working knowledge of Office based IT including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
Assistant Transport Manager – Position Remuneration
* Salary £32,000 - £36,000 (Dependant on experience)
* Monday – Friday 08:00 – 18:00
* 30 days holiday, including bank holidays
* Pension scheme
* Parking on site
STREAMLINE SEARCH RECRUITMENT ARE ACTING AS RECRUITMENT AGENCY IN RELATION TO THIS VACANCY
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.