The position reports to the Transport Manager and has a direct responsibility for the day to day management and supervision of our driver workforce across aa number of depots.
The role will include some direct supervision of drivers from a day to day man-management perspective.
It requires a positive and forward-thinking attitude, which will lead the employees with a pro-active management style ensuring customer expectations are met and exceeded.
The company operates a strict SHEQ programme and encourages a culture of Behaviour Based Safety (BBS) with the wellbeing for its employees, customers and general public at heart. You will be expected to carry out internal and external audits of other employees and work areas - “Incident Prevention Observances” (IPO) and maintain appropriate records.
In your role SHEQ must be featured in your management style and be consistently at the forefront of your actions and instructions. You will have access to the company’s incident management system and will be held responsible for the reporting and consequent actions of incidents being imputed and closed out under your control. Participation in “Root cause Analysis” (RCA) will be expected with a pro-active approach.
This role will be based in the Company’s Depot in the Thurrock area. There may be a limited number of occasions where you may be required to travel to other locations.
Key Duties include:
* Liaising with Transport Manager to ensure departmental goals are being achieved.
* Liaising with Schedulers to ensure resources available to fulfil customer demand and work completed on each shift
* Pro-Active Day to Day supervisory management of drivers including:
* Communications sessions
* Disciplinary management
* Tool Box Talks
* PPE compliance
* Driver Holiday Management
* Main point of contact for any driver issues / queries etc
* Vehicle Checks / Licence Checks
* Management and identification of training needs and liaison with training providers to ensure all vocational training completed in timely fashion
* Implement SHEQ standards and monitor adherence including Auditing
* Work with the Scheduling team to ensure continuous improvement in operational efficiencies
* Tachograph Management
* Helping to conduct Investigations following incidents / Customer complaints
* Monitoring Fleet equipment and ensuring legal compliance in conjunction with the Fleet team
* Responsible for driving fuel efficiency and effective driving performance amongst driver workforce
* Assist with the driver recruitment process
* Ensuring Driver HR Files are up to date
* Completion of Operations Systems daily updates
* Data Entry
* Time Sheet Management
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
* Experience working at Supervisory or Management level with experience of man-management
* Good understanding of relevant driver legislation: Working Time Directive, Tachograph Legislation
* International Transport Managers CPC is desirable but not essential
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.