To assist the Transport Manager to recruit, train and develop the Transport team both for new positions and succession planning in a positive, customer focussed and professional manner.
Reporting into the Transport Manager, the Assistant Transport Manager is responsible for the 24/7 Transport operations, managing the Transport Team and supporting the Transport Manager in ensuring that costs are controlled and legal responsibility’s discharged
Shifts: Monday to Friday & to be on telephone call 1 week in 5
* Manage the Depot Transport staff to execute Traffic plans to the firms customers (internally & externally)
* Reduce non-contract maintenance and damage spends
* Ensure that all available fleet is on the road and declared to enable the Depot Routing Team are able to plan the resource
* Motivate and develop the team through engagement, training and personal development plans
* Ensure all staff are fully trained and have the correct equipment
* Ensure that the Transport team comply with all relevant statutes and regulations
* Communicate with 3rd Party maintenance providers in regard to control of all reported defects
* Check and approve maintenance cost reports and related invoices
* Ensure annual MOTs and service intervals on all fleet equipment are carried out on time
* Monitor, Audit and Control suppliers
* Attend Monthly Customer review meetings in the absence of the Transport Manager
* Supports communication throughout department including team briefings and publication of KPIs
* Support implementation of service improvements in conjunction with customers and other areas of the business
* Generate and implement ideas with regards to staff and operational changes, which will help drive continuous improvement
* Ensure a secure and safe environment for staff, both in your department and across the wider business
* Be responsible for the maintenance and fuel aspect of Transport Budget, to include various KPI’s and costs
* Ability to deputise for the Transport Manager
Qualifications & Skills
* Customer Service Focus, Excellent communication, interpersonal, relationship building and stakeholder management skills.
* An action oriented individual, who is solutions focussed, can manage multiple priorities and deliver results on time.
* A good team player, with attention to detail and good problem-solving skills that follows processes in place and participates in sharing ideas for improvements.
* Experience working as a Transport Supervisor or Manager,
* Strong IT, planning and organising skills with a high level of numeracy
* Excellent negotiating skills with the ability to influence and steer
* Leadership and motivational qualities and proven experience of building a team
* An effective communicator at all levels, good verbal and written skills
* Able to work under pressure,
* National CPC qualification – essential
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a personable and growing business with plenty of opportunities and a great team.
Please apply to Liz at RSW for a confidential discussion
Salary – Circa £35k
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.