Construction Logistics Manager
SkyBlue are currently recruiting a Construction Logistics Manager who
will be responsible for establishing and leading the logistical plan
and logistical solutions for a Wind Farm Project. You will implement
and develop the logistics strategy, installing office accommodation,
temporary construction compounds, supporting the preparation of access
roads and ensure the safe placement of materials and manpower.
Duties will include but won’t be limited to:
* Planning the project logistical solution for the site such that
the workforce, plant and materials can move around safely and
effectively (eg: gates, hoardings, fencing, site accommodation,
welfare, compounds, security, temporary services, material
delivery and waste management).
* Organising routes to and through the sites, into compounds and for
material and manpower loading/off-loading. Ensure routes are
established, fenced, clearly signed and kept clear. Ensure
surrounding road network cleanliness.
* Consider the safeguarding of road users from construction and site
* Ensure pedestrian/site operative access is segregated, clearly
signed and free from materials and trip hazards.
* Ensure the security of the site.
* Installing and managing welfare facilities and other Site
* Supply chain liaison and material management.
* Programme liaison with contractors and subcontractors.
* Programming of material delivery to the Site areas/compounds to
ensure programme delivery.
* Waste management strategy and installation, incorporating
minimisation, recycling, disposal and the provision of bins and
* Create and maintain the Site Waste Management Plan.
* Communications regarding Logistics and relevant Health, Safety
information to the Site Teams.
* Organise and record Site briefings for visiting delivery drivers.
* Schedule and maintain records of logistic meetings and further
requirements and ensure the full logistics needs are represented
at daily coordination and weekly production meetings.
* Adequate provision of safety equipment, including PPE, to the
* Production and review of appropriate Method Statements and Risk
Assessments to support the Logistical Operations.
* Establishment and Maintenance of Fire Points & Equipment.
* Supporting the establishment of a Site Communications solution.
* Supporting the Planning, provision and installation of the Site
Traffic Management solution including signage and liaison with
Highways Authorities as required.
* Manage the safe and controlled delivery and storage of materials
within designated compounds.
* Ensure lifting operations are carried out safely and in accordance
with the Lifting Operations Plan.
* Liaise with project suppliers to manage all movements to and from
the site. Support with an organisational delivery management
* Experience managing Site Logistics within the construction sector.
* CSCS and SSSTS/SMSTS.
* Experience of Compliance with business Quality Systems.
* Experience within major construction, Utility or Highway
construction contracts is desirable.
* Current UK Driving Licence.
* First Aid desirable.
If this role is of interest to you, please send CV via the link
provided. Shortlisting for there role will commence with immediate
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.