CSR is working on behalf of a highly respected Fit-Out contractor in their search for a Logistics Manager. The position is London based. Our client requires an experienced individual to come in and operate under an existing system with ease. In addition develop new cost effective strategies moving forward. Working with a Construction firm you will be expected to manage the timely replenishment of the tools containers in accordance with the lists issued by contracts. Excellent communication and organisational skills are essential. Strong experience as a Logistics Manager within the Construction industry is essential.
Manage the safe and efficient distribution of goods worldwide and ensure that all materials are delivered to site on time with full traceability ensuring the successful delivery of all projects.
* Candidates must be from a Logistics Management background
* Previous experience in logistics in the construction / marine sector
* Excellent managerial and team-working skills
* Must have excellent Customs and Duty knowledge
* Good communication, negotiating and influencing skills.
* Good analytical, quick thinking and problem solving skills.
* Excellent planning and organizing skills.
* Good computer literacy including Microsoft Office
* Ensuring on time delivery of all material to sites worldwide
* Providing tracking and full visibility for all shipments to the Contracts Department
* Ensure all transport movement is organized by using most cost effective and timely routes to maximize production time
* Identify opportunities to improve transportation methods delivering cost, quality and delivery benefits
* Liaising with internal / external customers, transport companies and suppliers; negotiating and setting up contracts
* Use / develop IT systems to track supplies of raw materials and finished products
* Implement and manage stock control systems for all tools sent and returned from site
* Arrange for the return of all containers in the most cost effective manner
* Coordinate correct disposition of returned material with stores and production
* Create and provide commercial invoices for all freight movements
* Full management for all Imports and Exports / Full Compliance for HMRC
* Producing reports on a regular basis for Senior Management
* Manage the Logistics Team to deliver KPI's and Performance Targets
* Motivating, organising and encouraging teamwork within the department to ensure company targets are met
* Organising the training and recruitment of staff as well as monitoring performance and progress
* Complete all paperwork / documentation for customers as and when required
* Manage a fleet of delivery vehicles to ensure fully maintained at all times, costs minimal and vehicles tracked.
* Keep the costs of operating a warehouse and fleet of delivery vehicles as low as possible
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Andrew Hastings at CSR on (phone number removed). Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.