Depot Transport Manager (DEPM075)
Location: Larkhill & Warminster
Aspire Defence Services Limited is working alongside the Ministry of Defence, the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) and our partners to deliver a modern, fully serviced, flexible living and working environment across the four garrisons in Aldershot and Salisbury Plain for over 18,700 soldiers. If you would like to be part of this exciting, thriving organisation, please see our website at (url removed) for current vacancies
Purpose: The Depot Transport Manager is responsible for providing the guidance and management of the ADSL Transport Service in accordance with current regulations, contractual and statutory requirements, good industry practice and ADSL's management information system processes and procedures. Also responsible for achieving and exceeding operational and business targets in a time effective and cost-conscious manner.
* Work safely, consider the safety of others and work within the guidelines of ADSL QHSE policies and procedures.
* Ensure that all green fleet and white fleet vehicles controlled on the Authority's behalf are being correctly managed iaw MoD procedures and regulations.
* Work with the Transport General Manager to ensure that DVSA and Operators licence requirements are being met for listed vehicles.
* Provide concise reports on all areas of responsibility as and when required.
* Oversee the management and control of out of hours requirements.
Experience & Skills required:
* An industry recognised qualification in Transport Management - CPC (passenger/goods) holder or equivalent
* Possesses strong leadership skills and develops a culture of continual improvement with operational teams
* Has advanced knowledge of Road Transport legislation and MOD's JSP.
* Good interpersonal skills: An effective communicator with good communications skills (both written and verbal), with the ability to provide guidance to managers, peers and customers
* Full UK Valid Driving Licence
Closing date: 29 November 2020
If you are interested in this role, please apply via the link by the closing date. Further information can be provided by our client if you are short listed for the role.
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.