SF Recruitment are currently looking for a Distribution Transport Manager for my client based in Rugby.
This permanent position is in place to be responsible for the Divisional legal compliance of the Transport activities and Vehicle Fleet to ensure that daily despatches are made in accordance with the current quality and health and safety requirements.
- Maintain operators licences across four Operational depots to ensure legal compliance
- Act a lead negotiator in the sourcing of all new vehicles for the fleet and of major repairs
- Monitor performance of Rugby drivers and Regional Drivers through local Transport depot staff to control tachograph records and provide legal compliance
- Ensure Truck data logging info is downloaded and stored within the legal time frame.
- Ensure the Transport fleet is maintained to a standard to ensure a road worthy and legally compliant fleet
- Maintain Company vehicle insurance records and cover
- Advise National Operations Manager of Fleet requirements in respect of replacement vehicles and repairs to existing vehicles. .
- Control Vehicle costs within Budget and authorise vehicle expenditure within agreed limits.
- Monitor and control vehicle fuel costs and receipt reconciliation for all depots
- Investigate Vehicle Accidents and maintain records
- Arrange disposal of end of life vehicle
Rugby Transport Duties
- Manage transport system (Microsoft Navision) to ensure routes and deliveries are planned to maximise efficiency and control costs whilst maintaining high levels of Customer Service, ensuring maximum availability of transport capacity.
- Manage performance of both Evening and Night shift Transport Coordinators
- Cover Late shifts for Afternoon shift Transport Coordinator holiday.
- Maintain Driver training records
- Maintain Driver Qualifications CPC
- Ensure Sufficient Driver cover by Recruitment of permanent employed drivers and use of agency drivers as required
- Ensure Agency Drivers are the correct standard and qualifications
- Act as focal point in the control of and checking of Loading and reconciling by Manifests
The ideal person will be/have:
- Transport Managers Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC)
- Highly developed skills and experience in transport and distribution.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of loading Heavy Goods Vehicles in accordance with Safe loading practices
- Experience of vehicle route management very advantageous.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Navision transport system and routines advantageous
- Detailed knowledge of transport legislation and legal compliance standards.
- Competence in man management, decision making, organising, and problem solving.
This position will pay an annual salary of between £30,000 and £35,000 a year. If you are interested in this role please apply below as soon as possible
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.