My client, an international market leader in Logistics and Warehouse services, are seeking an European Logistics Manager to be based out of their head office in South Birmingham.
Reporting into the Head of Operations the European Logistics Manager will be responsible for leading the department that strategically plans and manages European transportation and customer services.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Lead and develop the team which will include department members based in the UK and throughout Europe
* Manage the teams performance, SOP's and training requirements through identifying skillset gaps
* Ensure all operational requirements are met and create a contingency plan
* Setting and achieving departmental targets utilising company KPI's that drive improvement
* Analysing data to maintain metrics and promoting continuous improvement
* Resolve any arising problems and complaints and look at corrective actions
* Budget and financial compliance
* Support tender requirements
* Manage customer relationships and ensure excellent service rates
* Supporting supplier and network development
* Implementation of new business into operation
* Ensure compliance with ISO, AEO and European Law
Key skills required for the role include:
* Demonstratable experience in the European transport industry
* Experience working with the tender/bid team to attract new customers
* Customs and HMRC experience
* Experience within supplier selection and development
* Excellent all-round knowledge of transport and logistics
* Ability to manage and develop people
* KPI management experience
* Account management and development experience
* Excellent analytical, problem solving and organisation skills
* Ability to think creatively and deal with unexpected changes
This is a permanent role and my client is looking to move extremely quickly, the salary on offer is up to £40,000.
Please get in touch with Jessica Ingram to discuss the role further: (url removed)
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.