Are you working or have you worked extensively within the Heavy Goods Vehicle Transport Industry in planning and logistics? Are you looking for your next career move?
I am searching for a focused, dynamic Transport Manager for my Client based in Lincoln
My client is a successful family owned business that has been trading from their reputation for many years where service and the customer is paramount to their success. They are replacing their Transport Manager who is unfortunately retiring after many years of building superb colleague and customer relationships and helping to progress the company forward to where it is today.
The role of Transport Manager is a key one to the company success. Building long and lasting relationships will be the main factor within this role so you will have a proven track record of providing an invaluable level of service to the Transport logistics side of a business. To fit the culture of the business, you will need a supportive, nurturing and encouragement based management style with the skills to get the best out of the staff.
As Transport Manager you will:
- Have full responsibility for managing the end-to-end transport requirements,
- Maximise the performance of the transport operation and oversee the fleet of vehicles, ensuring compliance with legislation, vehicle maintenance and driver management,
- Manage budget, KPI performance targets and identifying opportunities to deliver change initiatives to improve performance and maximise profitability, ensuring that liaison with management is met prior to changes being instigated,
- Oversee and coordinate the planning of routes and schedules, ensuring collections and deliveries reach their destinations safely, on time and in the most cost-effective manner,
- Provide 24-hour support relating to operations, communicate updates in order to deliver the required standards and minimise impact on my client’s reputation,
- Proactively management of health and safety ensuring employee well-being in accordance with company guidelines,
- Work closely with all levels of management to ensure that regulations and compliance is adhered to at all times,
- Have excellent IT skill and knowledge of Traffic management Systems will be beneficial.
In order to be considered, you will have:
- An up to date CPC - National Transport Manager,
- Have a proven track record in senior transport management in a fast-paced industry sector,
- Have experience of successful man management skills, have the ability to nurture and encourage staff members,
- The ability to communicate on all levels in a calm and respectful manner,
- a flexible and can-do attitude,
- the ability to be an upstanding ambassador for the company.
You will be responsible for managing at least 30 Articulated Vehicles and their drivers, staff team members in the office and the customer base both old and new. This an exciting opportunity for you to move to a company that really cares about their business and the people who work for them, where reputation is key and the customer always comes first .
In return for the skills, commitment and ability that you bring to the role, the salary range is generous and will depend on your experience. If you feel that you have the level of experience that I am seeking and you are looking for that next career move then please send your up to date CV or call Caroline on (phone number removed) to discuss the opportunity in more detail
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.