Fleet & Transport Manager
Full time, Permanent
We are recruiting for a Fleet & Transport Manager based at our client service centre near London. The successful candidate will be expected to manage the transport operations (drivers and fleet) within the company financial and operational objectives whilst ensuring legal compliance. Enhance the brand and ensure the delivery of excellent customer service.
Our Client is one of the leading distributors and wholesalers of pharmaceutical, medical and healthcare products in the UK.
* Ensure that transport labour costs fall within budget and monitor through the implementation of robust control mechanisms.
* Ensure all fleet overheads are contained within the monthly budgetary limits and any invoices passed speedily to the relevant Head Office department for payment
* Monitor vehicle running costs and take appropriate actions when costs are above expected threshold
* Ensure that customer reported damaged and missing orders are recorded and investigated with necessary corrective action taken
* Ensure robust mechanisms are in place for effective management of driver payments.
* Ensure compliance to contractual requirements
* Ensure all customer deliveries are effected in the prescribed manner
* Prepare and manage driver rotas to ensure trained cover for absence and appropriate vehicles are available
* Ensure that vehicles are roadworthy and serviced in accordance with company procedures and manufacturers guidelines.
* Ensure regular van route reviews are carried out for effectiveness and removal of un-necessary cost
* Ensure all documentation is filed in line with statutory requirements
* Ensure vehicle fuel and oiling arrangements are controlled in the agreed manner
* Complete monthly Fleet KPIs by agreed deadline and monitor performance. Address issues and create remedial action plans.
* Facilitate the completion of quarterly fleet audits and ensure issues are addressed through the execution of an action plan
* Investigate customer services issues, provide prompt feedback and implement remedial actions to prevent similar issues
* Ensure the department meets all Health & Safety requirements and team members are aware of their responsibilities.
* Ensure compliance to standard operating procedures and other legal and statutory requirements.
* Take appropriate steps to maintain investors in people accreditation, agreeing clear objectives for direct reports and monitoring performance through annual appraisal process as per company guidelines.
* Take responsibility for all areas of people management for direct reports including coaching and nurturing talent and motivating the team through effective leadership
* Provide coaching and guidance to colleagues in areas of responsibility
* Work closely with management colleagues to drive efficiencies across the Service Centre promoting a culture of continuous improvement
* Some travel to out based locations will be required
* All management roles within the Service Centre will need to be “on call” for emergency orders
* All management roles within the Service Centre will need to participate a weekend working rota
In order to apply, you will have
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
* CPC holder
* Fleet/Transport Management experience
* Experience of managing large teams including at various locations
* Experience of managing managers as direct reports
* Fleet cost management
* Understanding of vehicle mechanics, tachograph management and driving standards
* Strong Excellent stakeholder and customer relations skills
* people management skills and the ability to lead improvements
* Clear & effective communicator
* Ability to make independent decisions and work as part of a team
* Commercially aware and Customer focused
Apply Now with an up to date CV for consideration
Due to the high volume of candidates responding to our adverts we are not always able to provide feedback on your application. If you don't hear from us within 10 working days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, your details will be kept on file and you may be contacted about other opportunities
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.