Global Operations and Logistics Manager
This role is for a fast growing and innovative company that sells through a distributor network in 14 countries. Their flagship product has a globally patented handle design that makes it easier for customers to carry more drinks in one hand. Furthermore, the company are one part of the wider reusable cup schemes that they logistically manage in partnership with major stadia, festivals, venues and events. With an increasing portfolio of products, news markets and customers, they are recruiting for a number of crucial new positions. They are a small, dedicated team that works hard and has fun. There will be plenty of opportunities to learn new skills and be rewarded for outstanding performance.
This is a crucial role in the business as they expand the production requirements and product range globally. This person will be responsible for the production processes and running of all the logistics on a day to day basis. In terms of product, they make sure that the company have the appropriate quality controls and certifications in place. They will lead the drive to provide a forward-thinking and more diverse product range. This includes both core and ancillary products such as crates and cup collectors. They will build world class operational relationships with major stadium and festival customers.
● Leadership: To actively demonstrate operational excellence and proactively implement new ways to improve current systems and processes
● Plan: Provide an annual strategy and plan to ensure we have the necessary manufacturing capacity and quality of suppliers
● New processes: Develop new processes for improving manufacturing and operational efficiency
● Optimise: Identify risks and opportunities in production and logistics that impact on the service we deliver customers. Create solutions to mitigate issues.
● Implement: Day-to-day manage recommendations of production and logistics. Especially cup and crate movements to and from a customer’s location.
● Collaborate: Manage the relationship between logistics, sales and client services by sharing the plan and highlighting any potential future risks
● New products and ancillaries: Plan, design, develop prototypes and create production strategies for launching new products.
● Information: Create management summaries for weekly and monthly review, covering all aspects of new cup deliveries
● Budgeting: Own and administer the input and output for the Group production and logistics. Provide information to Management and Finance for the purpose of future planning.
● You may be required to undertake other duties from time to time as we may reasonably require
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Bold in thinking and able to make decisions based on experience in a successful multi channel environment
• A proven production and logistics expert who has demonstrated results from implementing new processes
• Effective communicator who can flex style to get the best results from those around them and build rapport
• Emotional Resilient and self-aware. Understands themselves and others recognising the impact of emotions and is able to modify behaviour.
• Can challenge effectively and confidently, articulating own views clearly and constructively.
• Not afraid to bring new ideas to the table, whilst providing a clear articulation on the pros and cons of doing something different
• Able to analyse data efficiently & effectively. Identify root cause and best solution.
• Good experience of forecasting and replenishment systems.
• A good understanding of Logistics Planning and how best to improve and adapt processes to suit each customer
• Good level of commercial acumen and ability to make decisions on both data and instinct.
• Have high level of ownership and proactively delivers results.
Capilaux is a recruitment business and are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other protected status or characteristic. We welcome all applications however on occasion, we are not always able to respond due to high application volumes
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.