Group Logistics Manager
£50-55,000++ Dep on exp + Benefits
Fast Growing International Group South Wales based role
Logistics / Planning
* Manage the transport for goods in / out of the Group
* Responsibility for all imports and exports including relevant paperwork
* Ensure Company transport licences are fully up to date
* Manage the day to day compliance of all vehicles and transport
* Manage Company vehicles HGV, FLT’s, excavators etc (including contracts, maintenance and repairs)
* Liaise with, and ensure a smooth interface with, company suppliers and customers on a daily basis.
* Monitor, control and report on department P&L expenditure. (Including ensuring appropriate headcount and payroll costs, consumable costs etc.).
* Set departmental objectives and targets making use of KPIs.
* Produce monthly management reports
* Ensure that senior management are kept aware of all notable events and issues as and when they arise
* Practical & logical thinking
* Conscientious & self-disciplined
* Objective, observant and not afraid to challenge the ‘status quo’
* Reliable and adaptable
* Able to work under pressure in an ever changing, dynamic working environment
* Excellent communication skills and ability to adapt to all levels of the business
* Previous experience within a similar role in heavy industrial environment, preferably metals, chemical or recycling.
* Import / Export knowledge.
* Good working knowledge of Hazardous waste consignment notes and TFS etc
* Knowledge and experience of ADR
* Previous experience as a DGSA would be an advantage but not essential
* Experience of Environmental Management – specifically EPR / IED regulations (Environmental Permitting Regulations and Industrial Emissions Directive) and control of waste material.
* CPC and WAMITAB desirable but not essential
* Experience of weighbridge control and operation.
* Experience of operating various vehicles, from HGV Class 1, excavators to FLT.r
* Excellent Microsoft Office Skills
Travel to work from Newport, Cwmbran, Caerphilly, Ebbw Vale, Hereford, Swanse
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.