Group Logistics Manager - European Warehousing & Distribution - Job Summary
I am looking for a Group Logistics Manager to provide high quality management of warehousing & distribution activities in Europe. You will be responsible for ensuring customer service levels are met or exceeded and our logistics operations run based on clear and efficient processes.
Group Logistics Manager - European Warehousing & Distribution - Role Responsibility
* Ensure that logistics operations in Europe is sufficiently resourced at all times.
* Strategic capacity planning
* Harmonization of logistics processes in Europe where possible and reasonable.
* Conduct regular tenders to ensure our inbound / outbound freight rates into / from Europe are competitive
* Run regular cost reviews on warehouse consumables to ensure we are operating at lowest possible costs without compromising on quality
* To support the COO with the planning and monitoring of CAPEX, warehouse consumable costs, freight costs and people costs with regards to European logistics operations
* Definition of meaningful logistic KPIs that ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded, continuous productivity improvements are made and that logistics in Europe is operating optimal from a performance, cost and working capital perspective.
* Prepare and present to the COO a monthly, KPI based reporting covering European and overseas logistics operations
* To drive initiatives in collaboration with sales and procurement teams leading to higher stock turn figures
* Support the global new business team in relation to logistics (freight rates, capacities, process design, logistic costs)
* Strive to reduce non-system driven transactions and records to an absolute minimum. Close collaboration with Group IT team required.
* To lead any cross-site logistics project
* To ensure any upcoming new legislation or trade barriers that could negatively impact our ability to distribute products is identified at an early stage and to propose solutions to minimize the impact of such restrictions.
* To take over functional, strategic leadership of the London logistics team. Operational management of the London logistics team is provided by the site operations manager.
* To stay in touch with logistics managers at non-European sites (monthly video conferences recommended) and to be available as inhouse logistics consultant on request.
* To be responsible for Stock counts.
* Ensure all health and safety procedures and requirements are observed and any corrective or preventive action implemented. Investigate and report any accidents or incidents.
* Provide awareness training to sales teams across Europe about requirements to operate logistics operations at Brand Addition professionally and efficiently (annual trainings recommended)
* Ensure through local warehouse managers that site waste is disposed in compliance with environmental procedures.
* Must ensure compliance with all Company Policies, Quality Systems, Procedures and Instructions
Group Logistics Manager - European Warehousing & Distribution - The Ideal Candidate
* The ideal candidate will have at least in an operational background within Logistics distribution and supply chain, with the ability to apply your knowledge and experience within a more strategic role.
* You will have in-depth knowledge of import and export procedures.
* The ability to plan multiple complex and varied projects and to lead cross-function teams to deliver agreed targets.
* Demonstrable experience of managing and delivering projects within a distribution/logistics environment and exposure to Project Management techniques is therefore preferable.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills at all levels and ability to challenge effectively
* High level of drive and enthusiasm and the ability to motivate and inspire both internal and external contacts to achieve excellent performance.
* Experience of successfully leading and managing a diverse and disparate team.
* Capable of continually re-prioritising focus and resource with early identification of challenges and the proposal of their solutions.
* Outward looking and ability to recognise new opportunities for growth by awareness of the ever-changing external environment.
* Understanding of overseas shipping, relevant laws and administration processes
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.