Are you an experienced and performance orientated Transport Logistics professional with the professional acumen and entrepreneurial flair to manage transport operations for a national fleet?
We are seeking a Group Transport Logistics Manager to formulate and implement transport procedures for 20+ sites nationwide with a strong focus to meeting KPI’s and budgetary control. You will provide a consultancy approach delivering the most effective transport solution for each site/business unit meeting high demands in fast pace environments.
* Reporting to the Group Compliance Director you will deliver the most effective transport solutions understanding the complexities of each site.
* Develop the site transport budgets along with the Financial Director, taking accountability for overall productivity within the operation, ensuring that activities are cost effective and levels of resource are managed effectively.
* Assess and ensure all sites transport route planning is the most efficient for nationwide deliveries.
* Develop and deliver a robust induction process for drivers and transport office staff.
* Manage recruitment (along with HR) of drivers and transport office staff and develop an effective wage structure.
* Develop Service Level Agreements for all Temporary/Contract drivers.
* Implement and lead Driver performance improvement plans.
* Planning and delivery of operational transport activities through the sites to ensure the required level of service is provided to the customer
* Manage the provision of customer based trailer storage/collections.
* Maintaining and improving performance levels to maximise efficiency of operation in line with customers = KPI’s.
* Strive to develop transport office staff both professionally and personally through mentoring and formal training.
* Analysing customer feedback/information & propose innovative ideas to enhance the overall function.
* Manage the internal Fleet Replacement program to ensure both the condition and efficiency of vehicles cost effectively.
* Evaluate transport costs using Navision and assess the transport planning for each site using the site based systems.
* Assess the Fleet utilisation using Tom Tom Telematics ensuring the most effective solutions.
* Driving forward the continuous improvement of the operation.
* Ensuring that all requirements relating to safety, health, environment and quality are being fully implemented.
* Investigating driver anomalies and customer based fleet damage to reduce costs.
* Using daily, weekly & monthly data reports to debrief drivers Optidrive Score.
* Working closely with internal maintenance team to ensure vehicles are safe to drive legally.
* Ensuring accidents are reported correctly and investigations are completed thoroughly, and any necessary action taken.
* Experience at working cross-functionally, whilst communicating effectively across all levels.
* Qualifications sufficient to perform the job role - e.g., Level 3 CPC (Certificate of Professional Competence) in National Road Haulage for Transport Managers.
* Experience within this type of job role - minimum 3 years.
* Thorough understanding of transport management, logistics, and dynamics.
* Confident using Microsoft Word, Excel, Tom Tom Telematics.
* Strong leadership skills with ability to manage, motivate, coach and develop a team.
* Excellent analytical, interpersonal, organisational and communication skills.
If you are decisive with a good performance level and a high sense of responsibility and a motivating leadership style then we would like to hear from you. The company’s vision is to deliver industry leading logistics and supply chain transformation for the benefit of their customers. If you feel that you possess the qualities for this exciting and challenging opportunity, then don’t delay apply now
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.