FTH Hire Group is one of the largest independent plant and tool hire companies in the South East of England. We currently have 6 depots - Farnborough. Guildford, Farnham, Basingstoke, Reading & Maidstone. As a result of our expansion plans, we are looking to take on additional high caliber team members.
As the Group Transport Manager, you will be responsible to oversee the day-to-day operations of delivery / exchange and collection operations. You will also plan and control the operations team as well as allocate vehicles efficiently.
Monday to Friday 7am - 6pm.
Group Transport Manager Position Overview
* Plan and control the team operations ensuring the co-operation of all required activates.
* Allocate and control vehicles to meet the operational requirements
* Ensure the incoming workload is coordinated via the internal management system
* Ensure drivers maintain all standards set by the company and adhere to all road regulations.
* Dispatch drivers to delivery / collection
* Assign routes and service tickets to appropriate drivers throughout the day
* Monitor driver activity to maximize driver time and productivity
* Ensure the continuous training and development of operations staff and drivers.
* Undertake any other tasks requested by senior managers and directors that fall within the remit of the job
Transport Manager Position Requirements
* Previous Transport Manager Experience
* International CPC in road haulage
* A proven track record of supervising a logistics operation successfully
* Ability to influence a team of drivers
* Commercially focused and results driven
* Knowledge of road transport and relevant environmental legislation
* Full UK Driving License
* Sales bonus scheme
* Pension - auto enrolment
* 29 days holiday, inclusive of Bank Holidays
* Perk Box
* Birthday gift
* Loyalty bonus scheme
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.