Transport Manager JD
A busy & fast growing haulage company are looking for an experienced and dynamic CPC qualified Transport Manager. The main remit of the role is to assume responsibility of compliance & maintenance records and make real contribution towards the overall business success, managing Driver compliance and Fleet maintenance. Supported by a Transport Administrator, you will be very hands-on in respect of maintaining the fleet of lorries to an optimum level, reducing downtime and driving Health & safety across the operation.
The desirable candidate must be knowledgeable about transport legislation and in particular Fleet Maintenance and MUST possess a Class 1 or 2 Licence and experience of driving trucks/lorries. This is very much a hands-on role, and you must be willing and able to drive trucks when required to pick up/drop off for maintenance.
The company operates 5 depot's based in East London, Croydon, Bedford, West Drayton and Iver. The company Head office is situated at the Iver depot and this will be the main base. The company provide a fully expensed company vehicle, including a fuel card & company insurance, which can be used for your commute to and from work, eliminating any transport/commuting costs for the Transport Manager.
Key Features of the role:
* To manage and administer all aspects of the company Operator license.
* Ensure that all DVSA compliance standards as well as companies own compliance standards are adhered to at all times. This includes timely scheduling for PMI, MOT, drivers routine checks, Tachographs among other compliance measures
* Ensure all vehicles are maintained and serviced according to Operator Licence requirements
* Daily monitoring the defect reports from the company defect reporting IT system
* Take action against any infringements reports on from Tacho reports. Such action includes issuing disciplinary warning & other measures
* Ensure all incidences and accidents reported are fully investigated and actions taken as necessary
* Responsible for managing the company's fleet maintenance and administration of vehicle maintenance documentation systems. This will taking reasonable cost cutting measure for fleet maintenance like researching for best prices for parts
* Keeping accurate compliance records and ensuring successful completion of audits
* May be called upon to conduct driver briefings on performance, operations, compliance, health & safety, clients concerns among other relevant issues to drivers responsibilities
* Expected to appraise, develop and improve compliance and safety in operations
Candidate need to have:
* CPC National Operators Licence (Haulage)
* Compliance Management experience in transport
* Good IT skills
* Good communication and interpersonal skills
* Professional and presentable and confident meeting customers
* Ability to work with own initiative and meet deadlines
* Good knowledge of transport and Driver Regulations
* Full UK driving licence and HGV Class 1 or 2 Licence & experience of driving trucks/lorries
* FORS Accreditation (Desirable, though not essential)
* A flexible worker, with a positive approach to work
* 8am 6pm Monday to Friday (with some flexibility offered & required)
* 28 Days Holiday inclusive bank holidays
* Expensed Company van supplied
* Company mobile phone supplied
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.