Head of Fleet Management
The Head of Fleet Management has responsibility for managing the Fleet Management Group Function.
Objectives of the role:
1)To consistently balance fleet demand and supply across all operations through holistic planning of the procurement cycle, redeployments, disposals and the targeted use of spot hire.
2)To achieve industry leading total lifetime costs for all fleet assets, optimising the mix of purchase options, R&M costs and fuel economy, and maximising volume leverage.
3)To strengthen procurement leverage and maximise fleet inter-operability through the standardisation of truck, trailer and MHE specifications.
4)To minimise maintenance costs and maximise fleet availability by managing a blend of high-quality owned workshops and professionally sourced third party R&M arrangements.
5)To be a centre of competence, managing the Fleet Database, underpinning an industry reputation for excellence in fleet management and compliance.
6)To take the lead on developing, evaluating and deploying fleet innovation initiatives that reduce operating costs and improve environmental sustainability
“Fleet” is defined as trucks, trailers, MHE and all associated equipment and services including maintenance, servicing, fuel and tyres.
The ideal candidate should have experience in:
1. Fleet compliance
2. Workshop management (in-house/external)
3. Fleet procurement
4. Fleet innovation
5. Control of fleet running costs
6. Fleet specification
7. Fleet re-deployment and balancing
8. Fleet finance
9. Fleet disposal
10. Fuel procurement
11. Motor insurance
12. Fleet Database
13. fleet supply industry
14. Procurement deals that deliver outstanding total lifetime value.
15. Management of fleet workshops achieving the highest standards of technical proficiency, safety and efficient ways of working
16. Sourcing and management third party R&M providers to deliver great value, and a compliant fleet with a high level of availability.
17. translating operator requirements into standard fleet specifications and be a catalyst for evaluating and deploying technical innovation in fleet design with a compelling ROI.
18. Deployment of a deep subject matter expertise combined with a total quality management approach to the achievement of the highest standards of fleet compliance.
Key skills and Attributes
Excellent technical and commercial experience gained within the Transport, Fleet and Logistics industry.
Other key skills will include:
1. Strong influencing skills both internally and externally.
2. The ability to negotiate complex commercial agreements with Suppliers.
3. Excellent commercial and financial acumen.
4. A sound understanding of Fleet & Engineering operations combined with an innovative approach.
5. Flexibility to travel UK Wide.
6. Significant experience leading a multidisciplinary team.
7. Significant experience in development of strategic business plans.
8. Proven ability to translate strategic business plans into well-defined operational plans.
9. Working with & influencing key stakeholders of all levels.
10. Strong interpersonal & relationship building skills.
11. Strong analytical skills covering written, graphic, numerical & statistical information including risk assessment
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.