As the Interim Warehouse Logistics Manager, you will take ownership of the function and drive change management projects to improve the overall efficiency of material movement throughout the facilities. Based in North Yorkshire.
Our client is seeking an individual who has a proven change and project implementation portfolio within a manufacturing environment. The Warehouse Manager will work cross-functionally with the supply chain to highlight material flow improvement plans that meet the demand of production, and build store and warehouse layouts that improve accuracy in picks and speed to line.
Once the change management has been completed you will ensure the smooth running of both internal and external production supplies in accordance with requirements, and be responsible for all KPI's that are relevant to maintain the performance of the department.
The Warehouse Manager will also be responsible for:
*Implementing continuous process improvement across the Logistics and Supply Chain function and to work with other departments to define and implement best practice.
* Managing the inbound and outbound inventory within budgetary constraints, by monitoring stock levels & production demand and by reviewing materials.
* Maintaining/monitoring supplier delivery performance.
* Building a reliable warehouse forward forecast with Planning and Production.
* Quickly identifying short term priorities based on company delivery requirements.
* Understanding problems, initiating long term structured improvement projects and ensuring their timely delivery.
* Reviewing discrepancies and driving continuous improvement.
* Managing and initiating specific improvement projects.
* Using IT systems to manage stock levels, delivery times and transport costs.
* Using associated information systems to coordinate and control the order cycle.
* Using data from IT systems to evaluate performance and quality, and to plan improvements.
* Allocating and managing staff resources according to changing needs.
* Continually trying to improve and develop business performance within the constraints of legislation, fuel costs and rising environmental pressures.
* Implementing health and safety procedures.
* Managing staff training issues.
* Motivating other members of the team.
* Setting objectives.
* Planning and managing projects
* Have management experience with leading a team across Material Handling, Warehousing and Distribution.
* Have experience working in manufacturing and/or supply chain environment.
* Be competent in the use of Excel to an advanced level for reporting purposes.
* Have experience working with material and supply chain management in a manufacturing business.
* Have lead change initiatives that drive best practice and performance improvement.
* Have lead training on health & safety, SOP and warehouse management systems.
£30 -35 p/hr (£(Apply online only) p/d)
To find out more and apply please send your CV to Carl Walker.
Elevation Recruitment Group's Procurement and Supply Chain division work with a vast range of businesses across Yorkshire and Humberside, Lincolnshire and East Midlands regions
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.